Chapter 11

This chapter takes place the day after SummerSlam.

August 26 2002

Stephanie was inside the WWE Headquarters as she headed towards her dad’s office.

She was a bit nervous.

Vince told her he needed to talk to her about something.

And she had a strong feeling on what it was about.

She doesn’t know what Vince is going to do about John. She really hoped that he wouldn’t fire him.

She’s not too worried for Paul, he’ll only get fined. Maybe he’ll get suspended for at least a week.

She took a deep breath and knocked on her father’s office door.

“Come in!”

Stephanie went inside.

“Hey dad.”

“Hey Stephanie. How are you?” Vince asked.

She gave him a smile.

“I’m doing good.” She says.

“You’re probably wondering why I asked you to come here.”

Her smile faded. “Yes dad.”

“I got reports that there was a fight between Paul Levesque and John Cena at the Nassau Coliseum last night.”

 She lets out a sigh.

“Yes dad.”

“And you happened to witness it.”

She just simply nodded.

“So would you tell me what you saw?” Vince asked.

She took a few deep breaths.

“I was walking throughout the arena, when I heard screaming.” Stephanie says.

Vince nodded, as he patiently waited for her to continue.

“I knew it was Paul’s voice. I heard him telling someone to stay away from me.”

“The person he punched was John.”

Vince let’s out a huge sigh.

“This is, God knows how many times he’s done this.” he said, clearly frustrated.

“I know dad.”

“He really needs to get himself under control. Just because he’s one of WWE main event wrestlers that doesn’t mean he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants without consequence.”

“I’ve been very easy on him the past few years, but not this time. I’m suspending him for two weeks.”

“I understand dad.”

“As for John Cena, did he retaliate in any way?” Vince asked.

Stephanie shook his head. “No. He didn’t. When I got to them John was on the ground with a bloody nose. And I didn’t see any cuts or bruises on Paul’s face.”

Vince was a bit hesitant for a bit, but relented. “Okay. If that’s what you say happened, then I believe you. I know you would never lie to me and Linda.”

“I’ll let him off the hook. Only this one time.”

Stephanie nodded. “Thanks dad.”

She then says “I’ll make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again.”

“Okay. I’ll talk to you later sweetie.” Vince says as he hugged his daughter.

“Bye dad.”

After leaving his dad’s office she went over to her office to see Paul.

“So what did your dad say” he asked.

“We’ll discuss this in my office.”

She opened her door and they went inside.

Stephanie then explained the conversation she had with her dad.

“I’m being suspended for two weeks???” Paul asked in disbelief.

“Well what the hell did you expect? I can’t always bail you out just because we’re dating.”

“This is the third time you’ve done this. First you went after Kurt Angle. Then Chris Jericho. And then last night with John Cena.”

“What is it with that Cena guy you keep hanging out with? Are you cheating on me with that punk???”

Stephanie’s eyes went wide.

“No I am not. Why would you ask me something like that???”

“I’ve seen the way you two hug. You two can’t seem to keep your hands off of each other. And then where he tried to kiss you.”

“Nothing is going on between us.”

“Then why don’t I believe that?” Paul asked.

“Why wouldn’t you believe me?”

“I saw the video.”

Stephanie was a bit confused. “What video?” she asked.

“The video of you and John dancing at Nancy’s wedding.”

Stephanie’s eyes went wide.

“You went through my stuff??? You had no right doing that.”

“I’m tired of you doing this. Every time I talk to any guy you get jealous and accuse me of cheating on you. I’M SICK OF IT!” she yells, tears forming out of her eyes.

“What are you saying? Are you breaking up with me?”

Stephanie looked at Paul in the eyes.

“I really don't know. But now is not the time and place to have this discussion. I have a lot work to do right now. Now kindly and calmly leave my office.”

Paul lets out a sigh before leaving Stephanie’s office.

Stephanie sits down at her desk chair and sobbed for a bit before she started to calm down a bit.

“Do I really love Paul?” she asked herself.

She needed to focus on her job right now.

Let me know what you thought of this chapter.