Chapter 9

We're fast forwarding to SummerSlam 2002.

This is where Triple H makes his first appearance in this story. And stuff is about to go down.

August 25 2002

John just arrived at the Nassau Coliseum for SummerSlam.

He didn't have a match tonight. He came just to watch the show. But also because he found out that Brock Lesnar was challenging The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) for the Undisputed WWE title. And it's the main event.

He walked through the hallway till he found Brock's locker room.

He knocked on the door. He heard footsteps and then the door opened.

"John! Hey dude!" Brock says as he and John hugged.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I'd come by and wish you good luck for your title match against The Rock." John said.

Brock gave John a small smile. "I appreciate it John."

"How are you feeling right now?" John asked.

Brock lets out a sigh. "To be honest, I'm a bit nervous. I mean, I've only been in WWE for five months, and now I'm already in a World title match against one of the top guys in the business."

John placed a hand Brock's shoulder. "Hey man. Don't worry about it too much. You just go out there and be the unstoppable beast you've always been. And you got my support no matter what."

Brock took a deep breath and smiled.

"Thanks man. I needed that. I appreciate it."

"No problem bro. I should go. I'll let you get back to getting ready for your big time match."

"Thanks. I'll see you later."

John walked around till he found a TV to watch the event. He grabbed a folding chair and sat down as the match between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio was starting.

An hour went by before he started getting hungry.

He took out his chicken sandwich and started munching on it as he watched the Intercontinental Title match between Rob Van Dam and Chris Benoit.

As he was eating and watching the match he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He looked up and was surprised to see Dave Bautista.

"Hey Dave!" John said as he got up and hugged him.

"Wasn't expecting to see you here." Dave said.

"Just thought I come to show some support for Brock."

"Oh. Cool. Man I'm jealous. He's getting a World title shot already."

"Hey. Someday we'll get our chance." John said.

"Yeah. Still I'm happy for Brock." Dave replied. "Me too."

"I got to get going. See you later John." Dave said before leaving.

The next match was the grueling non-sanctioned match between Triple H (Paul Levesque) and John's childhood idol Shawn Michaels (Michael Hickenbottom).