17. Divulgence

The hangout today was supposed to be only between the two of them. Well, that is what she was told. She doesn't care if Rei is here intentionally or unintentionally but she needs to go.

That was what Yujin wanted to say but the bright smile on her best friend's face shuts her mouth instantly. She eyes the two with envy.

I'm the one who is supposed to make Wonyoung laugh, I'm the one who is supposed to treat Wonyoung her favorite ice cream. I'm the one wh—

"Yuj?"

"Huh?"

"You're frowning. Are you alright?"

No, you dense kid.

"Nah, just thinking about something."

Yujin gives Wonyoung a small smile, the latter smiling back before continuing her talk with Rei.

Yujin just hopes she can hold on for a few hours. She doesn't want to cause a scene again or Wonyoung might think she's being annoying.

But she isn't helping at all.

Yujin saw them all. The linked arms, the lean on Rei's shoulder, the smack she gave Rei on her shoulder, the ki—

WHAT?

Yujin is hoping that she is wrong but it was obvious.

Wonyoung kisses Rei's cheek...

Yeah okay, just act like I'm not here then. I will just leave for real now.

She clenches her jaw and turns around to walk away from them after making sure Wonyoung won't notice her sudden departure. Although deep inside, Yujin was hoping that she notices so that she can be assured that Wonyoung at least cares about her.

^^

She's truly disappointed. No, it's beyond disappointing at this point. Yes, Wonyoung did notice that she was gone but the text message is what humbled her down.

Princess

Hey.

Where did you go earlier?

Yuj♡

Sorry.

Wasn't feeling the best.

But it's nothing big.

Princess

Oh, okay.

We're going to watch the movie I've been mentioning!

Bye!

Yuj♡

Oh.

Okay.

Have fun :)

Was that really wonyoung who texted her? The same Wonyoung who ran to her house as soon as she heard that she bumped her head on the headboard? Yeah, that was stupid, Yujin knows. Anyways, Yujin is disappointed and now that Wonyoung went to watch the movie they promised to watch together, she feels so betrayed.

Is it normal for friends to break promises or is it that I'm the one being oversensitive?

One thing she knows is that she is hurt. Again. And she can't even tell Wonyoung why because she herself doesn't know why she is feeling this way.