9. Toxic, Hurtful and Destructive

Chaewon rubs her arms as the weather is getting colder. She arrives at her house and goes to her room after telling her parents where she was yesterday. As soon as she enters the room, she turns on the heater and throws herself into her comfy bed. She takes out her phone and stares at its black screen. Should I do this? She unlocks her phone and goes to the iMessage and clicks on her chat with Minju.

Hey, Minguri~

Hey!

Let's hang out later?

Sure, when and where?

6 pm at the cafe we always go

Okay :))

See you later, Min :)

Bye :)

She grips her phone closer to her chest and closes her eyes. Am I doing the right thing? She sighs in hesitation and gets up from her bed to changes her clothes.

After a few hours after the hot argument, Wonyoung decided to take some fresh air to sorts out her miserable mind. She walks past Yujin's house and stops for a while to take a look. Suddenly, a message enters Wonyoung's phone.

From: Yudaeng

What are you doing out there?! It's a freaking -14°C now!

Wonyoung is surprised that Yujin still cares about her even after she threw harsh words to the said girl.

It's okay. It's not that cold. I'm sorry :")

If you are sorry, go inside your home now!

Nah, maybe later.

She keeps her phone inside her coat's pocket and continues her walk. She walks and walks through the neighborhood. There aren't many people outside because just like Yujin said, It's -14°C now. She stops on the playground and sits on one of the swings.

She still can remember vividly how she and Yujin met 13 years ago.

Her parents left her alone as they need to go on a business trip and they don't have enough time to take care of her there. She was not particularly alone since they have a maid but she still feels lonely. The 4-years-old Wonyoung then walked to the playground and couldn't help but to cry on one of the swings there. The exact one she is sitting now. She was crying on the swing, letting it all out. That was when a loud, energetic, and bright girl with a dimple greets her. Yujin asked her why she was crying and even made her stop crying. Yujin then brought her to meet Mrs. Ahn. Since then, they always invited Wonyoung to the girl's house, knowing that her parents always leaving her behind. Since then, they treat her like a family more than her parents do.

Her daydream is interrupted by the sound of her phone. She reads the message from Chaewon who is asking her to come to the cafe near their house now. She wonders why but decides to just ask Chaewon when they meet later.

Chaewon is sitting on one of the seats available in the cafe while fidgeting her finger. She has about 10 minutes left before 6 o'clock and she is getting more nervous minute by minute.

'CLING!' The door hits the bell the owner hang, indicating someone just comes in. Chaewon turns her head and meets Wonyoung's eyes. She sighs in relief as she knows she might freaks out if Minju arrives first. Wonyoung sits on the seat beside Chaewon and gives the older a teasing look.

"Look at who is nervous now?" Wonyoung smirks and lifts her left eyebrow. "Stop teasing me, little kid." Chaewon flicks Wonyoung's forehead and snickers at Wonyoung's pained expression. "So how are you going to confess, unnie?" Wonyoung rests her face on her palm. "I think, I will just tell her how much I love her without telling it was her." Wonyoung shakes her head playfully and leans back to the chair. "Even when confessing, you won't let Minju unnie passes without your tease." Both of them are laughing before Wonyoung suddenly stops and stares behind Chaewon. Chaewon looks at Wonyoung's surprised face and turns around, just to meet her eyes with Minju's.