CHAPTER 1

"Yokohama school for troubled teenagers". That's the name of the place where two broken souls found each other. This is the place where their story began.

Dazai: "the demon prodigy". A boy without a past, yet his story is feared by everyone.

Chuuya: a boy whose past is stained, finding his way to this school.

They enter each other's lives, but it's up to them whether they put each other's broken pieces back together or if they break each other even more.

******

Chuuya walks through the school's dark hallways with his head held up, ignoring the nasty glares coming from the other boys. He's smart enough to know that if he wants to survive in a place like this, then he can't show any signs of weakness, and God forbid he shows any fear. This is no normal school. If the other boys in here get the idea that he might be an easy person to mess with, then his life would be way harder than it should be.

Not that Chuuya was scared; no, he's been through enough to know how to win a fight or how to deal with people that thought they were tougher than they actually were. Truth be told, he just didn't want to deal with those type of people in here. He was way too over it. All he wanted was to be left alone. He's going to mind his business if others minded their own.

Holding his hands in his jacket's pockets, he calmly walked through the twisted and poorly lit hallways, looking for the room he was assigned. Room 189. All he hoped for was that he either didn't have a roommate or he had one that completely ignored him and left him in peace.

His luck has always been complete shit when it came to roommates. In almost all of the foster homes he's lived in, he was always assigned some type of annoying prick as a roommate. That's why Chuuya believed that he's seen the worst of it, it being no longer possible to meet someone worse than those people.

After aimlessly walking, he stopped in front of a door on the second floor of the facility, the number 189 written on it. He was facing the door, hesitating. After entering that room, there really wasn't any turning back. His new life as a "student" of Yokohama "school" would officially begin.

The boy took a deep breath, putting his hand on the handle and pushing the door open.

"What the actual fuck did I just walk into," Chuuya stopped dead in his tracks, his hand still on the door handle, staring at the bandaged boy in front of him. The bandaged boy. With a noose around his neck. Standing up on a chair in the middle of the room. "The fuck are you doing," Chuuya asked, confused.

The other boy stared at him for a few seconds, then a stupid smile spread across his face. "Oh, you know. I just wanted to change career paths and become a chandelier," he said, rolling his eyes and taking the noose from around his neck, throwing it on the floor. Then, the boy jumped down from the chair, plopping down on the bottom bunk bed in the room. "I was trying to hang myself, you stupid idiot," the boy rolled his eyes again, taking a book from under his pillow and beginning to read like nothing happened.

Chuuya didn't move from where he stood and he just continued to stare at the other boy.

Ok, maybe he was wrong.

He definitely DID NOT see the worst of it yet. He didn't think it was possible, but he somehow managed to find a worse roommate than the others. Which was almost impressive, considering the fact that he didn't even know his name yet.

"Are you demented?" the ginger boy managed to ask, feeling his anger surface at his shitty luck.

The bandaged boy threw away his book, standing up and leaning towards Chuuya, his hand in front of him. "No, I'm Dazai," he said, smiling and waiting for the other to shake his hand.

Chuuya stared at him with an annoyed scowl on his face, then he pushed his way past Dazai, completely ignoring him. He looked around the room, inspecting his surroundings. The room was quite simple and medium sized. There were two bunk beds in the left side of the room and two small desks sitting against the wall, right under a small window with bars on it. To the right, there was a door that lead to the bathroom, Chuuya presumed.

"You know, it's impolite to ignore people when they talk to you," Dazai said from behind him.

"Well, you better get used to it," Chuuya responded, rolling his eyes.

A chuckle came from behind Chuuya, then an arm rested across his shoulders, weighing him down. The taller boy laughed, his bandaged arm still preventing Chuuya from moving. "Let me give you a friendly piece of advice, chibi. You should pick your fights carefully, and I'm definitely not the person to pick a fight with," Dazai said, the amusement leaving his face and being replaced by a serious and threatening expression.

Pushing his arm away, Chuuya turned around, kicking Dazai in the chest, making him fly across the room. "And I think your ego needs to be taken down a notch, you bandaged weirdo," the shorter boy snarled.

Dazai stared at him with a menacing look from down on the floor, but Chuuya held his stare, anger flaring in his azure eyes. Then, all of a sudden, the boy on the floor started laughing, startling Chuuya. Dazai got up, readjusting his clothes, then he looked at the other boy with a smile on his face.

"I think I'm going to like you," he laughed.

Chuuya stared at him, already over his new roommate. "You really are demented, you fucking weirdo," was all he said before turning away and walking towards the beds, climbing up in the top bunk.

Dazai laughed again, following Chuuya, sitting up on the bottom bunk so his face peeked over the edge of Chuuya's bed. The boy sighed in annoyance and threw one of the two pillows on his bed at Dazai, but the other boy casually dodged his attack.

"What the fuck do you want?" Chuuya snapped at him.

"You still haven't told me your name," Dazai said, innocently smiling at him.

Chuuya rolled his eyes once again (this was probably the most he's ever rolled his eyes in the spawn of 10 minutes). "Chuuya. Now leave me alone, you fucking weirdo," he responded, turning around and laying on his side, determined to get some sleep and ignore Dazai.

He heard the other boy sit down on his own bed, then silence filled the room. Chuuya closed his eyes and prayed that sleep will find him shortly.

To be continued...

Hello! I hope you liked the first chapter:) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments and I'll try to read them all! Also, I don't think this book will have a fixed updating schedule, but expect updates during the weekends. I might also randomly post during the week too, but I'll try to update at least once a week.

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P