CHAPTER 23

During his early days in the mafia, Dazai was in charge of the drug businesses. He didn't stay there for long, since Mori noticed his skills for torturing and killing enemies, but he did meet a lot of people during that time of his life. Like half the teachers in this corrupted school. Or the headmaster.

That's why Dazai knew that the safe in his office wasn't only used for keeping the school's money, but it was also his secret stash where he hid his drugs. Even though the headmaster always presented himself as a strict and elegant man, Dazai didn't fail to notice the way he always avoided his gaze, as if he was trying to hide his true self, a true self which only Dazai knew.

So that's why the bandaged boy snuck into his office and hid in the closet in there, patiently waiting for the headmaster to arrive. This was the first step of their escape plan.

Not after long, Dazai heard the door opening, followed by footsteps. A short silence filled the room, before 10 short beeping sounds were heard, followed by a click and the sound of a small door opening. The headmaster rummaged through the contents of the safe, then a short snort made Dazai smile, knowing what it meant.

After a few minutes, the headmaster left the room, closing the door after himself and leaving Dazai alone in complete silence. The boy waited a few more seconds in the closet before coming out. He looked around the room, not seeing the safe anywhere in sight.

He quietly approached the big oak desk near the window, running his index finger along the edge, stopping at a small indentation in the smooth wood, gently pressing down on it. The second he did that, a small secret drawer opened at the base of the desk. He took out the safe, putting it on top of all the scattered papers on the desk, silently staring at all the buttons. Of course, he didn't know the password. However, he knew how the password sounded. He heard the distinctive beeps the buttons made when pressed just a few minutes ago.

Dazai pressed all the buttons first, listening to the sounds they made, then, he confidently pressed 10 buttons, recreating the exact sounds he heard while hiding in the closet, the safe opening.

Just as he thought, it was filled with stacks of money, but, hidden under all of that money, there was a small plastic bag, filled with a fine white powder.

"I guess he hasn't changed much," the boy muttered under his breath, taking out the bag and putting it in his pocket. "I don't think he'll mind," he laughed, also taking three stacks of money before putting the safe back and quietly exiting the office.

He walked back to his and Chuuya's room. The redhead wasn't in there since he was probably in class right now.

It was almost the end of the week, so the two boys didn't plan on staying in this school for much longer. That's why they wanted to prepare everything today.

Dazai sat down at the desk, taking out an envelope from a drawer, putting the money in it. He still had some work to do before Chuuya came back.

The bandaged boy walked outside of their room once again, casually heading towards a specific room. He didn't know his exact name, but Dazai knew this boy had some useful info about the school's driver.

When he reached the room, he calmly opened the door, seeing two boy laughing at the desk. They instantly stopped and looked at the door, their expressions changing when they saw who opened it.

"Get out," Dazai told one of the boys.

He immediately got up and left the room, his face as pale as a ghost. Then, Dazai turned towards the other boy -the one who had the info he needed. He slowly walked up to him, making the boy cower in his chair. Then, in a split second, Dazai grabbed one of the pencils laying on the desk, grabbing him by the hair and pointing the sharp tip towards his eye in a threatening manner. The boy yelped, looking up at Dazai with fear in his eyes.

"Now, now, I'm going to kindly ask for your cooperation," Dazai smiled at him, moving the pencil closer to his eye. "I didn't plan on poking someone's eye out with a pencil again, but it all depends on you," he said.

The boy nodded his head, silently saying that he understood and that he would cooperate.

"Good. I just have one question. Where does the driver keep his car keys? I know they're not in his room, I already checked," the bandaged boy asked.

The boy opened and closed his mouth, unable to say anything. "I- I don't know-" he managed to say. The second those words came out, Dazai stabbed his left hand -which was resting on the desk- with the pencil. Blood began dripping from the wound, a short, pained scream emerging from the boy's throat.

"Don't lie to me. I know you were that driver's dealer at the beginning of the school year. He let you use his car and promised to protect you, didn't he? He knew you wouldn't try to escape, since it was way safer for you inside this school, that's why he trusted you with his car. You were sent in here because of drug trafficking. You were almost glad, since outside these walls loan sharks are after you. But I guess you couldn't let go of your drug trafficking business, since you agreed to help the driver. So tell me where he keeps those keys if you don't want to die," Dazai told him, the boy's face paling even more.

"H-How do you know about that?" he stuttered, terrified of the bandaged boy. Dazai didn't say anything else, simply continuing to stare at him with his cold gaze. After a few seconds, the boy opened his mouth again. "H-He keeps them in one of the empty storage rooms on the second floor. B-But he usually stays in there, so it's impossible to get the keys without him noticing," he said.

Dazai let go of him, giving him a friendly smile. "See? It wasn't that hard, was it?" he asked in a sweet voice, making goosebumps rise all over the other boy's skin. "Make sure to bandage that," he added, pointing to his bloody hand before exiting his room and heading back towards his own.

Chuuya was in there when he opened the door, waiting for Dazai. "Did you find out where he keeps the keys?" he asked, getting up from the bed and walking towards Dazai.

The bandaged boy nodded. "I'll need your help, so come with me," he said, walking up to the second floor with Chuuya.

He didn't usually come up here, since it was just full of empty or unused rooms. That's why he didn't know the driver stayed in here. However, it didn't take him long to find the room where he was. He told Chuuya to hide behind the corner, then he knocked on the door. A shuffling noise was heard from behind it before it opened, revealing a middle-aged man.

"Who are you?" he asked, looking down at Dazai.

The boy smiled at the man, putting his foot in between the door and the door frame right as the driver wanted to close it. "I think you would want to listen to me," Dazai said in a friendly yet threatening voice, making the man stop. "You see, I need money. And I have something you want," he added, revealing the small plastic bag he had in his coat's pocket. The driver's eyes lit up when he saw it, exiting the room and standing in front of Dazai.

"Where did you... How much do you want for it?" he quickly asked.

Dazai smiled, pretending to think about a price. "Hmm, how about 2000 yen?" the boy asked, knowing that the man would accept.

"Come with me. I keep my money in another room," the man said, beginning to walk towards another room at the end of the hallway. Dazai followed behind him, looking back at Chuuya, the redhead nodding before entering the room in which the driver kept his keys.

When he came back, Chuuya wasn't there anymore and, thankfully, the driver didn't notice his keys were missing, since he was way too excited about the drugs he had.

Tonight, they were going to escape.

To be continued...

Hi! The next chapter is most likely to be the last. I'll post it later today, so get ready! ;)

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P