CHAPTER 15

As he was writing down the exercises the teacher assigned them, another small crumbled piece of paper hit the side of Chuuya's head. He gripped his pen tighter, taking a deep breath and trying to calm his nerves. And he managed to do just that, until another small paper ball hit him.

"You piece of shit, stop it before I punch you," the redhead snapped at Dazai, who was lazily resting his head on the table, ripping small pieces of paper from his notebook, rolling them between his thumb and index finger before proceeding to throw them at Chuuya. Their table was full of them.

"This class is so boring," Dazai sighed, continuing to roll the small piece of paper between his fingers until it took the shape of a sphere. He looked back at Chuuya, who was staring at him with an angry look on his face -like he was daring Dazai to throw one more at him-, before the bandaged boy decided it was better not to annoy him anymore.

The redhead turned his attention back to the exercises he was solving, still feeling Dazai's gaze on him from time to time. When class was finally over, both of them got up and headed towards the yard, but on their way there they bumped into Yuan and Shirase.

"Chuuya!" Yuan happily exclaimed, her attention switching to Dazai, who was standing next to him with an annoyed look on his face, "And Dazai..." she added, a confused frown forming on her face as she looked from one boy to the other. "I though you two weren't talking anymore," she said, giving Chuuya an anxious smile.

The redhead opened his mouth, ready to cuss both of them out, the anger he felt yesterday resurfacing at full force, but Dazai started talking first. "You thought? I didn't know you were capable of doing that," he said with a mocking voice, resting his left arm around Chuuya's shoulders, pulling him closer. "Well you were wrong. And we have somewhere to be," he continued, grabbing Chuuya's hand in his and walking away from the two.

The redhead followed behind Dazai, staring at their intertwined hands, but he didn't try to snatch his away this time. He realized where Dazai led him only when they stopped in front of the library door. He hadn't been in there since he fought with Dazai two months ago. He felt a little awkward now, and Dazai seemed to notice it.

"Oda kept asking me where you were," he said, smiling at his roommate while still holding his hand.

Dazai pushed the door open, walking in with Chuuya, not letting go of his hand even when Oda looked up from his book at the two of them.

"You two finally made up?" he asked, not being able to hide the small smile forming on his face.

"We never fought. Chuuya was just being a dumbass again," Dazai answered, making the redhead snatch his hand away and kick him in the back.

"Who are you calling a dumbass, dickhead?" Chuuya snapped at the bandaged boy, who was rubbing his back with a pained expression on his face.

Oda pinched his nose with an exasperated sigh. "Please fight in the reading area. I want some peace and quiet," he said, both of the boys retreating in the other room.

The room was completely dark, except for the moonlight coming from the big window. Since it was winter, it got dark way faster than before. Chuuya noticed a blanket and a pillow on the window ledge. "Is this where you slept all those nights when you didn't come back to our room?" he asked, suddenly feeling guilty.

Dazai chuckled, moving towards his makeshift bed, stopping in front of the window and staring in the distance. "Come here," he addressed Chuuya, still looking outside. The boy walked next to Dazai, his eyes widening at the sight. The moon was on full display, almost like it was watching over them, its light engulfing both of the boys. "The moon-it's beautiful, isn't it?" Dazai asked, looking at Chuuya's admiring expression.

"It is," the boy whispered, his eyes shining at the beautiful sight.

"I used to sit there and watch the moon until I fell asleep," Dazai said, walking in front of Chuuya, his back turned to the window.

Watching him then, the moonlight coming from behind him and his eyes shining with something Chuuya couldn't identify, Dazai didn't look like something from this earth. He almost looked magical. The boy put a hand out in front of him, "Do you know how to dance?" he asked the redhead. Chuuya started at him with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

Dazai softly laughed when he didn't get an answer, taking one of Chuuya's hands in his own, guiding the redhead's other hand to his shoulder, while he rested his own on his waist. He guided Chuuya into a slow dance, swaying to an unheard melody, their eyes interlocked the entire time. Dazai gently moved Chuuya even closer to him, smiling down at him, the redhead having to look up to meet his eyes, due to their height difference.

"Beautiful," Dazai whispered, not referring to the moon anymore.

Chuuya's heart began beating faster, a slight blush covering his cheeks. His movements were clumsy since he had never danced like this before, but Dazai was guiding him. The redhead couldn't help but admire the way the moonlight lit Dazai's face, giving his skin a silver glow, as if he was made out of moon dust. His right hand was holding his left one, Dazai's thumb drawing gentle circles on it, while his left hand was holding onto his waist, guiding him to the steps of this dance.

Dazai never took his eyes off of Chuuya, not even once. That feeling he felt before, like Dazai was staring into his soul, not leaving a single inch of it undiscovered, crept up in Chuuya's mind. But he didn't feel uncomfortable. On the contrary, he felt so comforted -so understood- that he couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face.

Dazai slowly bent down, gently pressing his lips against Chuuya's, not stopping their moonlight dance.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P

Dazai and Chuuya just dancing in the library like two little homosexuals is the peak of my writing tbh LMFAOOOO