{Fifteen}

Remus looked at Severus as they stood at attention in the Headmistress' office, feeling grim and rather helpless this soon into the new year. There was no sign of Caelum Black, and they'd alerted the boy's parents only a few moments prior. They were worried to say the least, Remus even more so considering the boy was practically his nephew regardless of the fact he hadn't been through the bonding rights with Sirius like Draco and Harry.

Caelum was one of Severus's god-sons, and while he wasn't as close with the boy as he was Draco, this still stung more than a student being kidnapped might normally. It was just hard to fathom considering his mother was a famous muggle and Regulus ran a tight, but loving, ship with them because of it. They'd needed to be extra careful as a half-muggle half-wizarding family.

"Any guesses as to intentions? I can't recall anyone who's ever disliked Caelum. The poor boy is only thirteen." McGonagall was white with worry, but she also didn't seem to have the nerves to sit down. Every other professor was on high alert, his patronus having told them the details, all students now safely warded in their houses.

Never in her years had a student been taken much less maliciously harmed under her watchful eye as Headmistress. Sure, Quidditch accidents happened as they will, but with ill intentions? This was new to her, and it showed. It didn't make her any less prepared, mostly just offended and worried for Caelum's welfare.

"We cannot be sure, Minerva. This is a job for the Aurors."

Remus hummed in discontent, but it wasn't as if any of them liked that answer either.

"We've got to wait for Mr. Black first, we can't simply call them without him knowing."

They agreed and waited not-so-patiently for Regulus to arrive with his wife.

Minerva was the one to fill the silence, her question hitting Severus directly.

"You've been here all weekend, Severus, is something the matter?"

"Just wanted to get ahead this year. What with the baby due and all." He tried to keep his answer short because as Remus pointed out, he spoke with extraneous words when he was lying.

"And you're preparing for a child by spending time away from their mother?"

It seemed luck was on Severus' side, as the fireplace roared to life and Regulus popped through with Astra, one frantic and the other in tears respectively.

"Where is my son?" Regulus asked immediately upon arrival.

Severus then wasn't sure which question he would rather be answering.

"We aren't sure, we wanted your permission to call the aurors," McGonagall said, far more composed now that they were here than before.

"Granted."

"My poor Caelum," Astra moaned, and being the kind person she was, Minerva took her into her arms and looked pleadingly at Severus.

"Redge, do you want me to call Harry?" Severus offered. "He's the best man for the job."

He nodded, glancing briefly at his wife to make sure she was in good hands.

"Yes, Harry, and anyone he trusts as well. I need him found."

"We all want that, believe me. Talk to Remus for a second while I notify him and James."

It was a late hour, but he always took calls from his friends. The hard part would be Harry, because Hermione was almost certainly with him.

Severus gulped. Best to do the thing he feared first.

He handed Regulus over to Remus who both agreed they should owl Sirius.