{Twenty-One}

Draco teaching meant Harry did not get lunch-visits nor did he get to come home to the ferret messing around with another of his walls when the day was done. In fact, it was quite lonely without his husband around, and for the first time since he'd gotten there, Harry realized with glaring clarity that he hadn't enjoyed being alone even before they'd been jolted through time.

The days in Grimmauld Place, where he did exactly what he was doing then, were plain and lifeless unless he invited his friends over. Having someone to share it with hadn't been a priority, too focused on his career and saving people still, that he'd quelled a part of himself. Fortunately for Harry, he was now getting it all, blissfully happy, and his head and hormones argued that maybe he didn't just find Draco's company pleasing and alluring... maybe he loved him.

It was the beginning of a new week, Hermione and Severus had been healing for a few days now and preparing for her birthday dinner together. They'd also been attempting to get in contact with Hermione's parents which seemed like a brilliant idea to Harry.

He admired them both for it, having gone through what they did, to focus on something new and better, healing a part of them they could control instead of letting Hermione focus on what they couldn't. They were still waiting for a response to the long, heartfelt letter she had written, but they had faith.

And Harry?

He was going stir-crazy.

Draco had opted to stay at the castle for his undetermined reign in Severus' position, and McGonagall seemed to enjoy having him. He was worried that he might get attached to it and be less free than he was even now, but if it did become permanent, Harry could at least be assured Draco would be home more often, and likely less worried that he was off trying to get himself killed during the day.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder, or so they said. Really, distance made him irrationally horny and stuck in the delusion that he was in love with Draco.

Not that Harry minded the idea, it just felt like far too soon.

That Tuesday, Harry got a letter from Draco saying he was coming home for the night because he missed him and he'd gotten all of his grading done over the weekend.

He couldn't have been more excited and ordered Kreacher to make them a feast. The elf happily obliged. Even Harry had gotten home early to make sure everything was in order, putting on Draco's favorite jumper of his, checking in on the state of his hair for once in his life too.

It didn't cooperate, but it was the thought that counted.

Harry sat down anxiously at the table and thought of Hermione attempting to reconcile with her parents... then recalled how Draco's father didn't quite favor his son being with a man. Obviously it had nothing to do with much else than the Malfoy name, or so Harry thought. Draco had taken his name as a Potter, and Aries was inevitably going to take Ron's if they ever tied the knot.

Frankly, he would like to smooth things over as well, for it was one thing to see Lucius Malfoy regularly, it was another to see him echo his past self more than anyone else. That was one person he did not want cloning himself from his previous life.

Maybe he could just... get him to warm up a little, but he didn't know how or what to do that with, though he figured it might help to let him be the first in the know in the upcoming 'celebration' they were having for Hermione's birthday.

The signature sound of apparition sounded, and Harry lost all thought of anything but his husband.

He bounded into the hallway to greet him, and the irony of the moment did not fail him.