WNKA: SIX, Nora Darling

The combination of the sunset lamp and her red accent wall turned Nora's bedroom into a fluterry red light special

The combination of the sunset lamp and her red accent wall turned Nora's bedroom into a fluterry red light special. The room glowed a bright hue of mad sexual energy, but waking up at five am after a night of wild birthday sex with her new friend, it was kind of awkward. So, she sat up and turned the lamp off, darkening the room before smothering herself in the thick blanket. She turned over and fell back to sleep.

Beside her laid a very anxious lad— tall, brown-skinned with a fade and a very west-coast energy about him. He pretended to sleep as he had for the past four hours trying to figure out if he's supposed to leave after having sex or if he should stay, awaiting her rise with breakfast prepared. The time was approaching a quarter to six when Eleanor began to stir again. "Are you awake?" She asked him. He froze, still confused about after etiquette with a stranger. "Suge?" She asked him, waiting for a response that she never got, she decided to get up and go to the bathroom to do her morning hygiene.

He scrambled at her departure, searching for his phone in the pile of clothes on the floor. It wasn't until then that he finally noticed the decor of the bedroom. She's an artist? He asked himself, admiring the paintings that had been carefully curated on the pale walls. Even on the ceiling, there had been a mural painted, a woman, strongly resembling her, laying in a bed of flowers, unclothed. He'd been so enamored touring the room that he missed the bath door opening. She rested on the threshold of the entrance.

Like him, she was quietly admiring the art before her. He was still in the nude, uncovered and seemed so comfortable in his exposé. Imagine, she thought, a life-sized portrait of him in a gallery. She giggled to herself, folding her arms.

He raised his brows, turning to see her there. They looked at one another, "How are you?" He asked, formally as if they were simply crossing paths in the hall of the university.

She smiled, "I'm grand, how are you?"

He nodded, proceeding to walk towards her, "Are you the artist?" He asked, referring to the pieces all around the room.

"In the flesh." She admitted, taking her own tour of the room, landing just beside his naked frame. She took his hand into hers. "Do you like my art?" She asked him, looking up hoping to meet his gaze, but he was looking elsewhere. So, she'd gone from standing beside him to in front of him, capturing his attention with another form of masterpiece. She repeated herself, "Do you like my art?"

He nodded, leaning down to kiss her lips, "I'm obsessed." He said between pecks.

"Are you hungry by chance?" He looked as if he was hungry. Hungry for her. His eyes, staring into hers and his manhood trying its hardest to be a gentleman. She took all this in, redirecting his attention. "I have breakfast plans. I was wondering if you'd join me." She smiled, "As my date."

Suge looked away, baffled. He'd never been on a date with a girl. He'd never been on a date with anyone before. As a matter of fact, this is the farthest he's gone with anyone aside from Royo. He began to feel guilty for wanting to say yes to her. He feared someone seeing them and assuming that maybe he was straight and courting this beautiful woman. They'd assume that he'd only ever been with girls, a player. How else could he have managed to get in bed with someone such as Eleanor Summer. His head was spinning with anxiety surrounding the one invite. "Suge?" She touched his cheek, looking into his eyes, "Will you go with me to have breakfast with my friends and sisters?" He nodded, but couldn't manage to actually say yes.

"But, how could we go on a date and I don't really know you. And, you don't really know me?" He accentuated the last word, feeling strongly about someone potentially being fooled by him.

"That's why people go on dates... to get to know one another."

He nodded, understanding.

"I want to say go home, freshen up and get real cute for me, but I fear you won't come back." She laughed. "You seem... fidgety?"

"What time should I be back?"

"Eight."

He nodded, "I'll be back at eight." He agreed.

"That's eight like in two hours from now." She emphasized. He agreed. "You promise?"

"I promise." He smiled, walking towards the door. "I'll see you at eight."

"Maybe you should put on some clothes before you leave." She smiled. He turned back, embarrassed, "right." He chuckled.

Back at home, Suge walked through the front door into a silent home. Out of nowhere his mother appeared, "Is Dre with you?" He shook his head. "He didn't come home. Are you just getting home?"

"Yeah. And Dre got a hotel, didn't he?"

"His beautiful mother and handsome father have this big 'ol house and he got a hotel? Why would he do that?"

"He's grown, you figure that out."

She frowned, "that's nasty."

"You asked." He laughed.

"What are you doing today, son?"

"I have a date to get to soon."

Ondrea was taken aback. "A date? With who?"

"A girl."

Her eyes grew big. "When is this date?" He told her it was in a couple hours and she grew even more excited, "A breakfast date? She's classy." She nodded, frowning with approval, "I like her already."

"I knew you would. Especially the part about her being a girl."

"Well, that is a plus." She admitted, "I'll let you go ahead and get ready for your date then." She turned around, headed to the kitchen and Suge went to his bedroom.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, be began to think about the events of the past day, a real roller coaster. He was even starting to wonder if dropping Royo was the thing he needed to do all along to get his life out of its slow and stagnant era.  He wanted friends and fun memories and already he'd been invited to a birthday party, slept with one of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen, slept with a woman period, and is about to hang with new people. He smiled to himself, leaning back to lay on his bed.

Allowing his mind to bask in the sudden joy, he lost himself in time, falling asleep on the bed after neglecting his tired body for hours. He woke up to texts and calls from Nora asking if he was on his way. It was 7:45. He rushed to the bathroom in a panic. "Shit shit shit." He cursed to himself, warming up the shower and brushing his teeth. He brushed his hair while he sat on the toilet and oiled his body while in the shower. Doing two things at a time made his process go quick enough for him to be pulling out of the driveway at 7:55. He called Eleanor once he hit the first light, letting her know he would be there a bit late but she seemed way too lax. He didn't notice, however. What he didn't know is Eleanor always tells people earlier times to give herself and her guests a grace period.

He arrived at her apartment building and texted her that he was downstairs. She sashayed her way to his car in her best brunch fit. She was dressed in a fall colorway— tans, browns and olive green from head to toe. Of course it was topped with layers of gold chains and gold hoops.

She seemed excited when she settled into the car. Suge fed off of her energy. They mostly rode in silence until she began talking about the people they were on the way to meet— it felt like more than a date for Suge. He was getting nervous. But, when they finally arrived as the last ones to, he was relieved to see some familiar faces from Campus. He smiled as he was introduced to Nora's friends as her friend.

He had no idea what he was getting himself into. From a loner to a new friend in a group of friends, it was new for him. Nora knew it, the others could tell too. But, this was Nora's thing. She had a way about her, finding the uncaredfor or rather them finding her. It was a start, but of what?

P:10.08.2022