To have a name, my name

So, that was actually the first time Tommy actually called himself trans. Like he knew that's what it's called. He just haddend used it for himself, till now.

"I'm a boy." Tommy explains.

"Okay, that explains the nervousness. You want to sit down and talk about it?" Okay, yeah Tommy would like to sit down. He feels like he is gonna collapse any second(, this time not from a lack of oxygen.)

After they sit down Eret starts talking. "I'm glad you told me. You said you're a boy?"

He asks. "Yeah, I have always felt different, like I was in the wrong body or something I don't know. It's been a few months now since I found out it's because I'm a boy."

Tommy explains.

Eret asks some more questions. Not to make sure that he is trans, but to make sure he understands and knows how Tommy feels. There is a weird feeling in his stomach, a nervousness but good. He doesn't really know how to describe it.

"Why did you come to me?" Eret asks. "Not that I'm not glad about it or anything, just curious" she specifies. "Well I would have gone to fundy but I dont know where the fuck he is and we dont really have contact with him." Tommy explains. They stop talking about Wilbur and Fundy, as they both know it's not theirs to talk about.

"Does Phil know or your brothers?" Eret asks "They don't or well I haven't told them. It must have crossed one of their minds at some moment, Especially after I passed out." Tommy looks around wondering who of his family knows what.

"What do you mean?" Eret says, pulling Tommy out of his thoughts. Tommy hesitates to tell her "I- we- dad he-"

Eret cuts him off. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine. I just-" Tommy takes a deep breath. "I got so fed up with my body that I used a bandage to make myself look more flat." Tommy explains. Eret looks concerned. "It worked but I guess that I could not breathe very well, and then dad said I could train with Tech and Will. I still had the bandage on and I fainted."

Eret too takes a deep breath. "I should be telling you about how incredibly unsafe and dangerous that was, but I think you already noticed that." Tommy nods. "I'll give you some ways to deal with gender dysphoria." Eret says. Tommy gives them a confused look. "Dis-what?" He asks. Eret laughs and gives him an explanation "gender dysphoria is a bad and sad feeling towards things relating to your gender because they don't match your gender. It can be big things like your chest or name, or small things like the colour of your bed sheets or your work uniform."

"So the thing I feel is dysphoria? And there are things to help me?" There was definitely no shake in Tommy's voice "yes there are. Things like changing your name, getting a haircut and using a binder"

"What will using a folder help me?" Tommy looks genuinely confused. Even more so when Eret starts laughing. "No, not that one. Im talking about a compression vest that makes you look more flat"

Holy shit, Tommy didn't know shit

-----------

"So some new clothes, a haircut and a binder?" Eret checks, Eret had just gone over anything that could help Tommy. And they picked out what he wanted.

"Yup, and" Tommy takes a deep breath. It's now or never. "I have a name, my name"

Tommy was half expecting a rant on how a name is given to you and that you should not change it. Even tho Eret had told him he could change his. Thats not what happend all that they say is; "Cool, what is it?"

Tommy is a bit taken aback. "Uhm Tommy or well Thomas"

Without skipping a beat Eret says "I think it fits you, alot"

"Thanks" Tears start falling down Tommy's face, but the good kind, the happy kind, the crying you do when you find yourself.

"Shall we get you that haircut, Tommy?""yeah"