Chapter 11: Intern under a pro

Bakugo finds himself suddenly awake. He's foggy and feels a stiffness all over his body. He rubs his head and slowly gets up, now noticing that he was in a hospital room. A second later, he realizes that someone else was in the room. It was his Sensei, leaning against the wall and staring back at him.

Suddenly, he remembers all that had happened in class and anger pours into him. He suddenly jumps off the bed but stumbles in pain and falls to the ground on his hands and knees with a low grunt. The entire time, Aizawa doesn't move.

"Get back into the bed. You need more rest."

Bakugo forces himself up but his legs quickly give out and he would've fallen had the bed not been behind him. He grits his teeth in rage.

"That temper of yours is a problem, Bakugo."

Bakugo immediately locks eyes with his teacher. He wants to know what he was going on about. This wasn't his fault! It was that bastard Hatake! He should've won that fight! But that bastard tricked him!

"It's done nothing but get you in trouble, and it'll get you killed if you don't learn how to control yourself."

"I can control myself just fine!" Bakugo spits in anger. "It's Hatake you should be worried about! He's the crazy one!"

"You almost killed everyone in the room with that final blast, and you think you aren't just as crazy?" Bakugo went cold as his teacher's eyes glows a low red and his hair stands high. He feels a block inside of him and he feels so much weaker all of a sudden. Like a light going out. "You have no regard for others and no situational awareness. Your pride blocks that smart brain of yours. You made yourself look like a fool. Think about it. You told an opponent to stand still so that you could hit them, and then you expected him so sit still. You saw all his other fights before that, I know you came up with a strategy to win, but once you felt your pride in jeopardy you threw it all out of the window."

Bakugo grits his teeth once more but can't find words to get out. He's angry, but his teacher is right. He'd been an idiot to believe that Kakashi would actually just sit there and take an attack like that. What was he thinking?

"But I have someone who'll level out that rage that you can't seem to outgrow. Someone who's just as competitive and just as hotheaded as you but knows battle and how to control that anger. I've worked with her once. She's not a friend but I had favors pulled." He pulls out a folded piece of paper and hands it to him. "Use that to find her. Your internship starts in a couple of hours. Be ready."

He steps out of the room and closes the door without another word or glance.

Bakugo immediately explodes with rage and the heart rate machine explodes from a touch of his quirk.

XxX

Kakashi rolls his stiff shoulder around as he walks out of the hospital. He would've been happy to be outside where fresh air was if the air was actually fresh. The smell would've caused him some disgust if he could smell as good as he could if it were fully healed. It was no longer swollen so he guessed that he would take that. It was better than nothing.

He looks around the giant building surrounding him, covering the sun with his hand so he could see more clearly. He would probably never get used to seeing sights like this. He misses seeing an abundance of trees. Cities weren't his thing.

He looks down at the note in his hand. He would have to find this city on his own. Ryukyu had come to visit earlier but had been called by her agency for emergency hero work. He reads the note again as cars whizz by on the busy street. Wait, he could just use his sense of smell to find the man instead of looking all over and asking around.