Chapter 17: Different Shades of Heroism

Hawks wasn't your typical hero. Things about him weren't hero like. He did things most would think unheroic for heroic reasons. And his thoughts on his actions were always split.

His thoughts on the situation presented before him was the same as other times. Hatake Kakashi. Dark grey eye and one red eye. Hair: Gray. Age: 13. Height: 5"3. Weight:105 lbs. Quirk: Lightning, Fire, Earth, and Water. Guardian: Ryuko Tatsuma.

The file laid before him, read by him multiple times. Given to him by the the President personally. It matched what he'd seen from the kid. What everyone saw from the kid. He was raw, unfiltered, and unfolding. Even in severe pain, he was fighting. Most wouldn't see it, most didn't, but he did. He saw Kakashi use Midoriya's raw power to his advantage upon realizing he could be damaged. Intelligence like that as well as his uncaring attitude for doing it was a dangerous combination. It didn't look like he hesitated at all.

Flashback

Bowing down on his fist and knee, he looked directly at his superiors. He'd already seen the news. Who hadn't? It was everywhere. On every news channel. On every website. And on every social media platform.

But he knew why. This was serious. Especially for the Commission. A child willingly killing a villain. A crime so blatant that actions had to be taken immediately. He knew he would be called, in some fashion. He just didn't know what for.

"I'm sure you've heard the about the news already. So I'd like to get down to business." The president said, her gaze focused and professionally calm. Befitting her stature. "We've calculated that Hatake is a threat to the entire world at large, not just Japan. But we'd like to see if he is a controllable threat. Can he be controlled? That's what we are looking for and want you to find out."

"What will have me do?" He asked dutifully, preparing himself. He hoped he didn't have to kill a child.

"Gather information on him first. We have files about him that have been updated to accommodate the knowledge we've just gained. But we don't have enough to tell if he can be controlled or not."

They wanted to try and control him? He honestly didn't know why they wanted to do that instead of just flat out trying to sabotage him. They had already estimated his recovery time to be a maximum of four weeks to a minimum of three weeks. More than enough time to sabotage. But one couldn't be too careful.

She continued. "Edgeshot has yet to be found during the 24 hour search for him in regards to the investigation. I would like your investigation to start there. Find him and bring him in so he can be questioned. Be casual, and find out everything you can about Kakashi. I'm sure his disappearance has something to do with it."

"Yes, President."

X

He closed the file and stuffed it inside his many jacket pockets. The city from above was a dazzling view, as always. His wings spread out wide and he took off in the night sky. His mission to find anything he could about Kakashi had officially begun. And it started with finding the missing No.5 Hero.

XxX

Pakkun weaved his way carefully through the shadows, eyes on high alert for anyone that spots him while also using his nose to track his owner's scent. It's heavy in the entire place by now, but he can still tell what direction the scent is going. Following it backwards will lead him to the strongest source.

'I know this is a fight club or whatever, but I'm smelling more blood than I think I should...' his gaze snapped to a boulder in the middle of the entire maze-like arena. 'There! Kakashi's scent peaks here!'