4

A/N: I am motivated and cannot stop writing for this fic apparently. Updates will slow down at some point. Also I just don't have a complete idea about what the next/last chapter of the Alren fic is going to be. It's not abandoned, I just need more time to think it out.

Anyways, I'm going to go hide because part of this chapter just might hit you in the feels. Warning for mentions of death in this chapter.

Hopefully you still read and enjoy? :)

-----------------

Lauren and Ally managed to get to the 'Hakuna Matata' scene in the movie by the time Normani and Dinah had lunch ready. The couple weren't entirely sure what the girls would eat, but figured chicken nuggets and mac and cheese would suffice.

Dinah poked her head into the living room to call the two to eat, but she stopped before saying anything.

Lauren was pressing Nala's face to Ally's cheek, and then the younger girl leaned in quickly to kiss Ally's cheek, too. Ally still never said a word, but Dinah caught the small smile on Ally's face.

"Lauren, Ally, lunch is ready," Dinah said. She walked over and paused the movie. "Leave your plushies on the couch, and then after lunch you can finish the movie."

Lauren set Nala down to the side and carefully slid down off the couch, making sure her feet were firmly on the ground. She turned back and kissed the top of Nala's head.

Ally slid off the couch and set Stitch down carefully, patting the top of the plush's head.

Lauren immediately reached for Ally's hand, and the pair followed Dinah to the kitchen. Dinah smiled softly hearing Lauren sing Hakuna Matata, though it came out more like "kuna tata".

Normani had two plates and two sippy cups of juice ready and at the table as the trio made their way to the table.

Lauren attempted to climb up on the chair, but she couldn't quite pull herself all the way up.

"Need help, Lauren?" Normani asked.

Lauren nodded and raised her arms. Normani smiled and lifted Lauren up onto the chair.

"Tank you, Miss A'mani," Lauren mumbled shyly.

Normani laughed, not offended at the mispronunciation of her name. "You're welcome, Lauren." She turned to Ally. "Do you want some help up?"

Ally nodded, and let the older woman lift her up into the chair.

Normani wasn't surprised at the silence that followed, but she didn't push.

"And where is my plate?" Dinah asked as she walked over to the fridge for a drink.

"I thought you would want something a little more sophisticated," Normani answered. "But I forgot you're actually a child, so, maybe this is perfect for you."

Dinah set a can of soda on the counter and looked at the older woman with a glare. "You suck, A'Mani."

"It's cute when Lauren says it," Normani said as she walked up behind the younger woman. "You're not cute." She flicked Dinah's ear.

Dinah scoffed and poked Normani's chest. "Rude, first off. Second, if you didn't think I was cute, you wouldn't have married me."

"Hmm, there are many other reasons why I married you."

The younger woman shook her head but leaned in to kiss Normani. "I am stealing some of those nuggets and the mac and cheese," she said as side stepped the older woman to make a plate. "I'm lazy, and it's already there."