9

A/N: I finished this chapter instead of doing math homework because it was making my brain hurt. The first little section is a little bit sad and generalized and kind of sucks and I'm sorry for that.

Hopefully you enjoy the rest still. :)

--------------------------

After the disaster that was the first attempt to get the girls to go to a therapist, Normani and Dinah found one who was willing to come to them that Saturday morning. 

Dr. Katie Winter was red headed, green eyed woman of average height, and she carried herself with a calm demeanor as she talked with the couple before meeting Ally and Lauren. Even when she did speak with the two girls, she was polite and appeared to be interested in what they had to say, never once expressing annoyance. 

Dr. Winter was calm and gentle as she explained what happened in the car accident to Ally and Lauren, and she didn't overreact or turn cold when the explanation sent Ally and Lauren both into heart wrenching fits of sobbing. Apparently Normani and Dinah's assumptions that no one had explained what really happened were true. 

Both girls spent nearly fifteen minutes after Dr. Winter left with a promise to come back for another appointment the next week in tears. Dinah's heart ached to comfort them, but she knew that was only the start of their grief and processing. That night was a little rough as Lauren had another round of crying, which then set Ally off again, too, but Normani and Dinah stayed with them until they had tired themselves out and fallen asleep. 

It was the next afternoon, Normani sat on the couch with Dinah leaning against her as she scrolled through her phone. "We're gonna need to make a grocery run pretty soon," she commented as she brought a hand up to run through Dinah's hair.

Dinah hummed softly. "Do you want to go, or is this you're way of telling me I need to go?"

Normani shrugged noncommittally. "Either way. I was thinking one of us could maybe try taking Lauren with? If she wants to go, she could pick out a couple of things for herself and Ally."

"What about Ally?" Dinah asked.

"Whoever doesn't go will stay with her. If Lauren goes with and comes back unharmed, maybe it will help Ally's fear a little bit."

"I know I had the thought before, but I'm not entirely sure if it'll work," Dinah replied.

"Maybe not at first. It'll be a slow adaptation," Normani responded. "But Dr. Winter is right. We can't keep Ally in the house forever. That's not healthy for a child. Even if it's slow progress, we do have to help her work through this fear."

Dinah nodded and sat up. "Yeah, you're right," she replied. "Who goes and who stays?" she asked even though she slightly dreaded the answer.

Normani shook her head in amusement. "You really hate going to the store, don't you?"

"Every time I go, something happens," Dinah groaned dramatically. "Literally every time. Usually someone with an expired coupon trying to argue why it's still valid. I hate it. I hate dealing with people at the store." She ended her rant with a huff.

Normani laughed as she patted her wife's arm. "Alright, I'll go then."

"Good. You can deal with stupid people."

"You are coming with to ask if Lauren wants to go. I'm sure it won't go over easily."

Dinah groaned softly but stood up. "Alright, let's go. Also, I am politely requesting a bag of chocolate covered almonds to stash in my office at work."

"Only because you asked nicely. Sort of."

They made their way down the hall to the girls' room. Normani and Dinah had moved the tv from their room for the girls to have in their own room. The couple didn't watch much tv in their bedroom as of late anyways.