003

Steps echoed through the hallway as heels touched the cold floor, Lilith passed few doors before entering one on her right, luckily her room was on the same floor as Copia's so it didn't take much strength nor time to get there.

She closed the door behind her once she appeared in a spacious room, the first thing a human eye could notice was queen sized bed, with so many pillows and black silky sheets and a few plushies in the middle, also of a black color.

Lilith lay onto it, facing the ceiling closing her eyes, thinking if she feels like doing anything today. Her days were often busy because of helping Copia with his paperwork, listening to Primo while he was taking care of his little garden, being humiliated by sister Imperator and running away from Secondo. It wasn't like she didn't like him or that he'd make her uncomfortable but he was all about partying and sex. If there was something else he'd talk about it would probably be himself or women he's slept with in the past few days (if he even remembers that of course). She liked to listen sometimes but it got too much, so she often ran to Terzo or Copia. It wasn't very often but sometimes it was even papa Nihil who she ran to (it didn't help though).

After some time of thinking, she took her phone and dialed a number. It rang and rang... She waited. And soon enough.

"Eh? Hello?"

"Terzo." She exhaled.

"Si, mi amore?" His voice sounded even deeper through the phone. She noticed it was kind of raspy too, he's probably just woken up.

"Did I wake you up?" Lilith asked and rolled a strand of her hair onto her finger.

"Well... it surely wasn't me." Now it was also his accent that was obvious. "What do you need?"

"Nothing particular. I was just bored, after spending the night with Copia..." she teased as smirk formed on her face even though Terzo couldn't see it.

"Is that so, huh?" She knew he's always been a bit jealous and she loved teasing the fuck out of him, however it wasn't because she'd have feelings for him, she did it with his brother too, she did it with everyone, but with him, it was the biggest fun. "I thought he's shorter than you."

"Well, he's not the only one if I'm wearing any type of heels am I right?" She laughed and after that, Terzo hung up the phone. She knew he wasn't mad, he just loved to be dramatic over the slightest things, waiting out other people's reactions.

Lilith left it like that, she didn't bother to call him again. She knew they're gonna see each other in no time anyway. Standing up, she went through her dark hair with one hand, so it didn't look so messy after lying in her bed and began undressing so she could take a hot shower. Then the woman changed her clothes, undid her eyeliner and replaced it with a new one.

As she was brushing her hair properly she watched the pale features of the beautiful young woman staring back at her from the mirror.

"Another day of being a hooker," she mumbled under her breath and smiled proudly after. She didn't care if the job was embarrassing or just desperate act of poor women in other people's eyes. She felt great doing it because she had long time customers.

~~~

"Sister Imperator should come soon, am I right?"

"I heard there's gonna be a new person!"

"I'm so excited I wanna know already!"

"Shut up, all of you." One sister of sin yelled at all of others who were clearly more than ready to greet Anthoan. Most ghouls just stayed in place quietly, some of them have met him already so they didn't care at all.

And Lilith, she just sat there, at the table together with Secondo, Terzo and Primo. She played with a golden coin that an unknown person has gifted to her before she even joined the ministry, rolling it in between her fingers.

"This is ridicolo!" Secondo spat making all three of them gaze at him. "We do this every month." His papal make-up was on, his eyes narrowed waiting for whoever was about to come. He sure used to enjoy such occasions but he aged, and his patience didn't age that well.

"Shush, fratello, this isn't about you," his younger brother said and his eyes wandered to Lilith just for a moment before throwing a look at Secondo. Lilith noticed that, but she kept focused on the piece of metal in her hand. Just like Primo, she sat there quietly with a serious face. She just couldn't get where was Sister aiming with her acts, putting Copia in so much stress only to accept another fool. He loved his job, but the more people the more job. He's always been bad at saying no to people so they often used him for that, some of the ghouls even pranked him a few times (even though it soon came out that it was Secondo's orders). Lilith was worried for him, yet she was also curious about the angelic creature she's seen before.

Terzo continued to stare at her across the table, scanning her delicate features while supporting his head with his right arm, tilting it to the side just like dogs do. He knew something was bothering her, but didn't care enough to ask. Sure she was a friend of his at some point, but he was still seeing her more like a prize he wanted to win in a competition against his brothers. And she knew, so she made sure to make it hard for him...