009

"So, what is that you want for dinner?" Terzo asked Lilith as he sat her down to a small table that they had in a kitchen. On top of it was one candle lit in the middle and a rose sitting in a black glass.

"Whatever you don't intend poisoning," she smiled sweetly at him and put her elbows on table, resting her chin in those soft palms. Terzo frowned.

"Manners, sweetheart, you do not put your elbows on table." He raised a finger threateningly making her smile grow even wider.

"Spaghetti would've been nice."

"Only if you're willing to help, cara. I might be a man of many careers but being a slave to woman that can't even listen ain't one of them," Terzo returned her cheeky smile and patted her head. "Now, diavola, may I ask you again to put your elbows off the table?"

Blood immediately began to boil inside Lilith and that bastard knew. He knew quite well. Perhaps he knew her at least a bit after all. Much to her own surprise though, she obeyed. "Good girl," Emeritus remarked and turned his back to her. "Now your will is my command, I also love some good spaghetti. You know why?"

"No idea," she rolled her eyes.

"They're straight... only until they're wet." A proud smile crossed that man's lips as he finally said the joke correctly, maybe even for the first time in his whole life.

"Good one, I must admit, women are way more persuasive in their ways of treating people than men." A devilish smirk appeared on Lilith's face. Just a thought of mentioning that she might go for a woman was enough for Terzo to grow harder and it was much of a shame that she knew.

"That could also mean you just haven't met the right one, darling." He didn't dare to turn from the counter, meaning her prediction was correct. What a great start.

Lilith was aware of Terzo's cooking skills so she wasn't really scared about the results, also she chose the safest option. But to her surprise he used much more than just a cheese and ketchup on top, instead he made a sauce from avocados which she always adored yet almost never got. Of course he couldn't forget the most expensive cheese he could find and a small leaf of basil on top.

She eyed him from below her long lashes when he sat opposite her in front of his own plate, grinning at his masterpiece. "Looks great, surprisingly," she teased him.

"Tastes even better, amore, just give it a try before I must feed you myself."

Lilith sucked her bottom lip in and the edges twitched upwards as she was surpressing a devilish grin which was slowly finding its way to her face. An imagine of Terzo feeding her was indeed hilarious, she would've died of embarrassment then and there if that actually happened. How that man would smirk while putting a fork inside her mouth slowly since he would enjoy such a moment to the bones. A spark of joy interrupted that wicked of an image as she replaced it with the one where she throws the plate in his face and calmly watches all of the spaghetti fall to the floor as his frown deepens and deepens.

"Not a fan of that. Have you ever seen a chef feeding their customers? I don't think so, love. Your Italian accent might pull a lot, but well you see, it takes much more to catch a great white than a basic carp," she couldn't help saying that remark out loud even though it sounded much better in her head. It was still enough for Terzo to lose interest in eating at all.

"Is there an issue of yours that makes you refuse men that are attractive?" He asked and finally tasted his masterpiece.

"Hm? Honey I don't see any like that in here." Lilith looked around the dark room as if there were loads of people. The only light was the candle between them and a few lights splayed around the huge kitchen, else they were covered in dark - which they both were very keen on.

"Darling, you've been blessed with a rich amount of humor, but that doesn't mean I want-" before Terzo could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by a noise coming from behind the kitchen door. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Asked Lilith.

Terzo stood up, quite violently, the chair behind him nearly fell over. "That noise! Someone is clearly there!" His companion looked over her shoulder only to see darkness. She shrugged when she turned back to him.

"I knew that they're trying to kill us in here. That's why we were the only ones they didn't invite, they plan to cut us off when there's no witness around!" As he finished, another loud noise was heard, followed by a muffled scream. It sounded as if someone just fell. "Please go look, cara." Man added, his expression now desperately asking Lilith to be his knight in shining armor. He was scared.

Black haired woman rolled her eyes and stood up herself. "Pussy..." she muttered towards Terzo before she took a kitchen knife and went into the darkness herself.

"Hello? I don't have time for this, whoever you are, idiot."

Suddenly she tripped over something, from the sound that left it's mouth immediately after, rather someone. She quickly recognized that painful sigh even though she barely heard him speak.

"The newbie?"