Trusting The Enemy

"No, Dad. You don't have to drop me to school,"

Melanie uttered, zipping her school bag.

"Then take a driver, Mel," Her father uttered but Melanie smiled and walked towards him.

She tiptoed and corrected her father's collar

"You don't have to worry about me, Dad and besides," She stopped and ran towards the breakfast table, where Adrian was eating his toast.

She wrapped her arms around his neck from behind, almost choking him.

"Here's my precious personal driver," She said, looking at her Dad and then took a bite from Adrian's toast.

He frowned and her Dad and Melissa chuckled. They all knew how they both were to each other from their childhood.

"Aww… my handsome driver got offended," She squeezed his pale cheeks, turning it red.

Melanie giggled and he sent her a deadly glare.

"Fine but be careful, you both and Adrian, ride carefully, son,"

Adrian nodded at Mr Gomez

"Ok, I'll meet you all in the evening then. Bye,"

"Bye, take care, Dad," Melanie hugged her Dad and he returned the gesture along with a smile and then left.

"Hey, you were calling me rhino and now look, who's eating like a crocodile?" She taunted him.

"What? Rian, you called Melanie this? Say sorry to her," Melissa uttered, displeased whereas Melanie smirked after ratting him to Melissa.

"We shouldn't say sorry for stating the truth, so I'm not apologising to this rhino," Adrian rolled his eyes, earning a scoff from Melanie.

She snatched his toast from him and started eating it.

"You crocodile, don't deserve to eat it,"

He gawked at her and tried to snatch it back from her but she licked it, just like he had done to her last night and started giggling.

Melanie laughed at their bickering. That was how always their morning used to start, with they both snatching each other's breakfast.

"Shouldn't you be telling your son how to behave with his owner, Melissa?"

Everyone turned their heads and Melanie's jaw tightened, watching her so called stepbrother, Daniel, who was just like his mother, Amelia. Cunning and evil.

Daniel walked towards them, with his hands in his pocket.

"Melanie is your owner's daughter, so she's your owner. Why don't you teach your ungrateful son how to respect his owner, Melissa?"

Melanie's fist and Adrian's jaw tightened because they both could never endure someone disrespecting Melissa.

"And you Melanie, why don't you learn how to treat our servants?"

That was it for Melanie's patience.

"I apologise for it, Daniel because aunt Lissa has taught me to give and treat everyone with respect but don't worry, next time when I'll treat you and your mother, I'll keep your advice on how to treat our servants,"

Adrian smirked as Melanie blurted out.

Daniel gritted his teeth and spat.

"We're not here your f#cking servant, Melanie,"

"Exactly, Aunt Lissa and Adrian are not your or anyone's servant here. Keep that  shit inside your f#cking head or else you and your mother think about even insulting them next time, I'll make you both regret it very badly," She snapped.