In Your Worst

Melanie halted her feet in front of Evan's house. Evan didn't belong to a rich or wealthy family. He used to live with his mother and a younger sister.

She knew it wasn't right to disturb him, especially when he himself wasn't that finally stable but she had nowhere else to go at that time of the night.

Melanie knocked on his door and after a couple of minutes the door got opened, revealing his sister, Ella, who was of her age.

Melanie noticed her face contoured with a displeased look by watching her there but ignoring it, Melanie gave her a smile.

"Hey! Ella. Is Evan home?" She asked, earning a curt nod from Ella, who stepped away and let her inside the house. The house was a small apartment.

The first person Melanie noticed, after stepping inside his house, was his mother, Olivia, who was watching the TV while sitting on the sofa.

She trailed her eyes at Melanie and immediately a frown crept on her face by watching her uninvited presence there. Evan's sister and mother used to like Melanie a lot whenever she used to come in their home earlier but after her father's death, she didn't know why they started despising her.

Melanie was about to greet her when she saw Evan coming out of his room.

"Mel, you here?" He asked, confused.

Melanie nodded and by watching her state and her burned hand, he understood it was relating to her step mother.

Without saying anything further, he took her to his room.

"Your step mother is a really wicked and pathetic woman," Evan uttered after Melanie told him everything that had happened today.

She hissed badly, as he was applying the cream on her burned skin and clenched her another fist to endure that pain.

"I'm sorry for coming here at this time but I didn't have anywhere else to go, Evan," She apologised, making Evan sigh.

"Hey! It's okay. This is your own home. You can stay here for longer as you want," He flashed her a soft smile.

A tear dropped from her eyes. He was the only person who cared about her and who had always cared about her.

Evan cupped her side cheek and wiped her tears away. He leaned closer to her face and pressed his lips over her, making Melanie grip the bed sheet tightly.

Her mind didn't even get the thought of reciprocating his action. She just sat there, with him on his bed, as he devoured her lips until Melanie felt his lips trailing down to her collarbone and his hand, travelling towards her bosom.

She immediately stopped him and got away from him.

"I'm sorry, Evan but I'm not ready for any of this," She uttered, looking down on her lap.

Evan clenched his jaw. That was the damn excuse she was giving him from the past 4 years. She had never let him even properly touch her, except kissing which she barely even used to return.

For Melanie, she had never felt comfortable in enduring any man's touch, not even Evan's, especially after what she had endured 4 years ago, that night of her birthday when he had tried to ruin her. That night, he had tormented a part inside her which now was too terrified to come out and let anyone else to have her.

After clenching his jaw to control his anger, he saw Melanie taking his eyes up at him which made him force her a smile.

"It's okay. I'll get some medicine for you, okay?"

She nodded and then saw him leaving the room. Melanie sighed, she knew he wanted to have her and he had tried it many times in these last 4 years but she had always refused him because Melanie was too afraid and uncomfortable in getting intimate with him, after that person turned her life into a nightmare that night of her 18th birthday.