A Coincidence?

"Her body has dehydrated and even turned weak," The doctor uttered, staring in those emerald eyes which travelled towards Melanie's unconscious body on the bed, after hearing the doctor.

"Anything else," His cavernous voice rasped, staring at Melanie's closed eyes.

"No, but make sure she eats on time and drinks plenty of water, so that her body wouldn't get dehydrated again and turn more weak," The doctor said, earning a curt nod from him.

"I'll send medicines for her," Is all the doctor said before leaving from that room.

Those green eyes didn't get away from her face for a single second. After all it had been 4 years, after 4 longing years of desperation and restlessness, those eyes were watching her from so close.

His steps on their own, made their way towards her who was laying on the bed. He got on his knees on the floor and sat beside the bed. Even mistakenly, he didn't take away his eyes from her face, like even if he would blink, she would disappear from his eyesight which he didn't want.

His eyes roamed over entire bare face which had no layer of factitious beauty. Her scars, marks were completely visible. Her full lips were chapped. Her each and every outer flaw was visible to those eyes which were staring at her like even her flaws were the most flawless things in the world.

Those eyes were gazing at her like a lifeless body was staring at its soul after losing it for 4 years until..

'I hope I would've died before giving birth to you,'

Those words snapped him back into reality when his mind recalled them. Those words which were haunting and breaking him from the past 4 years.

His gaze turned venomous and voraciously dark which were still on her face but a knock on the door broke his gloomy trance.

He snapped his head and saw a maid standing at the door.

"The doctor has sent these medicines for her, Mr Salvatore," The maid said with her lowered head while holding the packet of medicines.

He got up on his feet and walked towards the door.

"Stay here and take care of her for the night," He ordered and the maid immediately nodded.

He was about to walk out from that door but stopped. The maid witnessed him again turning around and took a last glance of Melanie's and then walked out from there, making the maid confused because she still couldn't figure out why he was looking so worried about an unconscious stranger whom he had taken off from the road.

Next morning, Melanie woke up from her heavy sleep. Slowly unlatching her eyelids, the first thing she noticed was that dark ceiling above her. She shot her eyes open and looked at her surroundings. Her eyes widened in panic by finding herself in a totally new and unfamiliar place.

Melanie immediately got up and sat on the bed. That was where she noticed she was on a bed, under the duvet. She immediately tried to remove the duvet but her eyes fell on her burned palm. Even it was looking treated and slightly healed but how and who had done it?

She roamed her again everywhere in that room. It was a beautifully classy room with luxurious furniture but where was she and who had taken her here?

Melanie immediately got up from the bed and thanked her fate because she was still in her previous clothes and could feel her body's virtue was untainted but it could be anything more worse too.

"Mam, you're up?"

Melanie snapped her head and saw a girl at the door, who was slightly beaming at her and was holding a tray of food. By her dress code, Melanie could guess that girl was a staff girl of that place.