A Promise She Wants

"Yeah, I know it's after two days and this year, my Dad wants to celebrate my birthday on a big level because according to him, 18th birthday is very important in every person's life," Melanie uttered on the phone, standing at her window

She was looking at the dark night sky where the clouds were roaring and thundering. The rain was about to fall at any second.

"Wow, that's sound like this year you're gonna get a lot of gifts,"

Melanie giggled, hearing her friend Cara.

"Hey, by the way, aren't you excited about Evan's gift?"

Melanie understood the teasing tone in her voice. She rolled her eyes before answering.

"He used to be my crush when I was just 12, Cara. Now he's my best friend,"

"Really? Just a friend?" Cara teased her more.

"Okay fine. I still like him but yeah, I'm not making the first move because I don't want our 6 years of friendship to get ruined," Melanie said, staring at the light scattering all over the sky.

"Mel, can I ask you something if you don't mind?"

"Yeah, sure?"

"The thing is you and Adrian know each other for more than 10 years and even living together, have you never catched any feelings for him? I mean he's handsome, hot and almost every girl in our school might have even at least for once thought about being his girlfriend?"

Melanie scoffed, hearing her friend .

"Are you on your high, Cara? Me and Adrian? This even sounds funny," She chuckled.

"We both hate each other so much that I'm sure one day, we'll end up killing each other,"

"Really? Then why does it always seem you both are more than enemies to each other? Are you sure it's just hate?" Cara asked.

"You know what, Cara. You need sleep to get out of these delusions. Me and Adrian, we don't feel anything for each other and we know, we can never and the way we behave with each other, it just maybe we're too comfortable around each other, as we both know each other for 10 years like you said," She concluded that topic.

"And besides, I, throughout my life have always liked one guy, Evan, who's my best friend now,"

"Fine...fine, Miss Gomez. Hope you and your Evan get together soon,"

Melanie chuckled, hearing Cara and then noticed the rain had started falling.

"I'll talk to you later. The rain has started. Bye," Melanie said and hung up the call and then dashed out of her room.

"Anie, where are you going?" Melissa asked, watching a running Melanie, who was storming towards the garden of the mansion.

"It's raining, aunt Lissa. The best time to dance and enjoy," She shouted back while running outside in the rain.

"The frog inside her has come out finally," Adrian taunted, who was leaning against the door.

Ignoring his comment, Melanie grabbed his arm.

"Let's go and enjoy the rain," She gave him a big smile.

He rolled his eyes and uttered.

"No thanks,"

She scoffed and leaned closer to him.

"Do as I say, Salvatore or else I'll tell Aunt Lissa that you had stolen my notebook that day and because of you, I got detention," That little devil smirked, earning a deadly glare from Adrian.