𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

My mom once said, "When you care for some more than they deserve, you get hurt more than you deserve."

She told me in my room as she was sobbing on the floor, after my stepdad had just hit her. It was the first time I had seen my Mom cry so hard. She was usually strong and composed but my 7 year old self watched my mom break down. My mom is a smart woman and she didn't want me to get into the same kind of situation which is probably why she didn't like Francis or Byron, my old ex-boyfriends. Nevertheless when life has something in mind, there's nothing you can do but follow it.

|Hawkins, Indiana| 7:30 AM|

When I leave my room and head downstairs, my stepdad is sprawled across the couch drunk and asleep while Mom is in the kitchen quietly making breakfast. She smiles as she sees me approach.

"I like your outfit" She smiles setting toast in front of me.

𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓯𝓲𝓽

"Thanks Mom." I grab my backpack from the floor and start heading to the door.

"Try to make friends please, I know we just moved but it would be nice if you tried to make some friends"

"Alright" even though I really didn't want to, I wanted Mom happy so I'll just let people come to me.

"You better get going, I don't want you to be late on your first day."

"Bye Mom" A quick air kiss and I'm out the door.

I walked out and headed to my black Honda parked out front. I got in and started the car before backing out of the driveway and heading to school.  

At School

There was a lively buzz as friends met up with each other and talked about what they did over the summer. I grabbed my bag and slowly started making my way into the school. It took a few minutes to get through but eventually I reached the main hallway. Now all I need to do is find Mr. Kaminsky for my first period. 

I was looking around for a nice looking person when a boy with curly hair with a cap that says Thinking Cap and lightning bolts, a white Hawaiian shirt over another white shirt that I can't see the words to, looks over at me and he smiles. He starts weaving through the crowd while I just stand there awkwardly trying to figure out if I should wait for him and leave. I decide to stay because it's not like there's anyone else willing to help me.

"Hey." He says out of breath when he finally reaches me.

"Hi"

"You're new right?"

"How'd you know?"

"Oh, just the fact that you're standing in the middle of the hallway looking confused with a schedule in your hands and no one talking with you." He smiles.