𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐤𝐞

"So where are you taking me?" I glance away from the scenery outside to glimpse at Eddie as he steers with his left and rests his right hand on the compartment box.

"It's a surprise especially because you're new too. Trust me you're going to love it."

"Well I hate surprises so you should just tell me." I lie praying he won't see through my lie.

"You're lying, there's no way you don't like surprises. And if so I have to kick you out of my baby right now."

"Well then it's a good thing I actually do like surprises, I just wanted you to tell me where we're going." I laugh.

He pretends to swipe at fake sweat on his forehead. "Well that's a relief"

The rest of the drive over passes in a comfortable silence. Ten minutes later, Eddie parks the car and quickly jogs over to my side to open the door. 

"My Lady." He says as he bows and extends his hand and I grab it with a smile. 

When my feet touch the ground, I curtsy, "My Lord." 

He leads the way through the forest following a path. You trail behind him, nearly falling multiple times. When Eddie notices this he pulls you closer so you're walking side by side and he's holding your hand. 

"Watch out for that hole."

"Low branch."

I was really grateful that he would do that for me. Knowing this gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling but I pushed it down. I didn't trust that feeling anymore not after everything that happened.

Finally we arrived at a clearing. The lake looked beautiful shimmering making everything look dull in comparison. 

"Do you like it?" He asks watching me watch the lake.

"Yes, it's so pretty!" I turn to him and admire how the sun makes his eyes look so much lighter. "What's this place called?"

"Okay don't blame me but it's called Lover's Lake" His blushes a bit looking to the side.

"Why?"

"Because it's shaped like a heart"

"Oh my gosh, that's literally so cool!"

"Wanna sit at the dock?"

"Yeah, lead the way!" 

Eddie's POV

I smile at the Nevaeh childlike behavior. He watches as she skips beside him humming the tune to 'Back in Black' by AC/DC. 

♡♡♡

"I'm going to push in the water." Nevaeh laughs bumping into me. I find myself laughing with her. She laughing so hard she's barely breathing.

"H-how...are you...g-going to push me...i-i-if...you're laughing so hard...y-you can't breathe." I manage while laughing. 

"Oh fu-" Splash. "Damn Nevaeh what was that for?" I laugh while swimming over to the dock

"Well you said I couldn't push because I was laughing so hard." She barely finishes in time before she starts laughing again. 'I'm worried about your sanity.'

I dive under the dock and hide there waiting for her to notice my absence. Not even a minute later, her fit subsides.

"Eddie, where'd you go?" She starts looking around. When she turns around, I grab her arm and pull her down into the water with me. She lets out a small shriek before the water engulfs her.

"Eddie! I fucking hate you!" she yells when she submerges.

"What did I do." I look around and pretend innocence when I notice her staring, I smile. She dives underwater but not before I see her blush.

"U-ugh, Now I'm wet." she swims closer to the dock trying to lift herself up.

I snicker at her choice words and she flips me off without even looking.

"Let me help you." I swim closer to her. "Can I?"

She nods and I set my hands on her waist. Since we're underwater her shirt rose and I can feel the warmth of her body. I tighten my grip on her so she doesn't fall again and lift her. She's able to reach the dock and she rolls onto it. I pull myself up after her.

"T-thank you." she's not looking at me but I can tell she's blushing. Hell, I'm blushing. "Think I might be catching feelings.'

"Alright, I think that's enough fun for today, I've gotta get you back and I have band practice tomorrow." I stand up and offer her my hand. "We also wouldn't want the pretty lady catching a cold so soon." She blushes but still grabs a hold of my hand. I tighten my grip on her hand as I pull her up.

"Can I keep holding your hand?" I turn to her."W-while we walk back so you don't trip and fall or something." 'Please say yes., please say yes, please say yes'

"Yeah." she mumbles then says it again louder, nodding her head.

♡♡♡

We're standing outside, leaning on my van watching the stars. It's quiet but she obviously needs to go back inside.

"Thanks for today Eddie, I had a lot of fun." 

"Me too, we should do it again sometime."

"Yeah we should."

She walks forward a bit and slowly wraps her arms around me. 

"Good night Eddie." Hesitantly, I wrap my arms around her and rest my head on top of her head.

"Good night Nevaeh."

She leaves the embrace and walks to the porch before turning around waving. I wave back and she slips into the house.

"Well shit.." I let out a breathy laugh. 

'I'm definitely catching feelings.'

𝙰/𝚗: 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙸 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐😅, 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚌𝚑.𝟻 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝙳𝚎𝚔𝚞𝚜𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝟸 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚖𝚕 (𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍) 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚑.𝟻👍, 𝚌𝚑.𝟼 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗