𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

The last couple of weeks have been tense. Eddie doesn't even bother showing up to lunch in the cafeteria anymore. Apparently he just sits in his van during lunch, or so Dustin says. I know I should have asked Eddie if it was okay before bringing Billy over but I didn't think this would happen. Everyone is  at the cafeteria again, minus Eddie and Dustin.  Dustin said he would try to talk to Eddie.

"Robin, I feel so bad." I stab at my lunch, not feeling hungry anymore. I asked Billy to stop sitting with us in hopes it would convince Eddie to sit with us again. It didn't.

"Calm down, watch he's gonna be sitting here tomorrow." She doesn't even bat an eyelash.

"I hope so." I continue to toss my food around. I'm so stressed with things at home and between Eddie and Billy that I haven't had much of an appetite to eat.

"You should eat something, I have an apple if you want." 

"Oh my gosh, yes! Thank you so much!" I grab the apple that she's extending to me and take a bite. "This is why your my favorite."

"Damn, Nevaeh what about the rest of us?" Steve feigns being insulted.

"What about you guys? Last time I checked, I didn't see you guys bringing me apples." 

"Touché"

We laugh before falling into a comfortable silence.

♡♡♡

It's finally the end of the day and other than greeting me and doing our partner classwork in English, it's been radio silence from Eddie. I sigh before walking over to my car. I open my door and set my stuff down on the passenger side. Just as I'm about to close my door, someone's hand stops me.

"What is it n-?" But as soon as I face the person, my voice dies. "Eddie.."

"Hey Nev.." He looks nervous.

"What was it?" I can't seem to make my voice sound normal.

"I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting these last couple weeks. I only thought of myself and how I was feeling and didn't bother to check on you..or the others"

"It's fine. Um- was that it?" I felt oddly giddy seeing him after being ignored for so long. It's like I couldn't even remember why I was sad.

"Uh well I also got tickets to a Black Sabbath concert this Saturday and I was hoping you'd want to come with me."

"Y-you want to take me to a Black Sabbath concert with you?" my voice sounded incredulous but I was so surprised, honored but surprised nonetheless.

"Well yeah if you wanted to. Consider it as an apology." He was rocking back and forth on his heels with his hands in his pockets as if he was still somewhat nervous. 

"Yeah of course, I'd love to go with you." I smile genuinely.

"Great! I'll pick you up Saturday then, 3 pm. Don't be late." He says as he starts walking backwards.

"K, see you Saturday." I close the door and grip the wheel before squealing in excitement. 'AHHH I'm going on a date with Eddie!!!'

"Ohmygosh...what am I gonna wear?"