𝙱𝚘𝚢 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎

• EᗪᗪIE ᑭOᐯ •

When I walked into school today, I knew something was off. Everyone was huddled in their respective groups, murmuring about the latest gossip. As I passed by, I heard bits and pieces of each conversation.

"..can't believe he showed up with her!"

"..could be dating.."

"..didn't know.."

I was weary of what they were talking about but shrugged it off. After all, it's none of my business. I noticed Dustin, Mike, Gareth, and Lucas talking in hushed voices by my locker. When Gareth caught sight of me walking towards them, he elbowed Dustin. Dustin elbowed Mike and Mike elbowed Lucas. By the time I got to my locker, their conversation had long died down.

"Why'd you guys stop talking?" I asked while adding the combination to my locker.

"What're you talking about? We weren't talking, nope, not at all" Dustin chuckles nervously.

"Real smooth Dustin." Dustin gets elbowed once more.

"Alright you guys, what is going on? What are you hiding from me?" I slam my locker door closed after grabbing my book for 1st period.

They all just look at each other, trying to figure out who's going to break the news to me.

"Hey guys!" Nevaeh walks up with Billy Hargrove beside her. Out of all the people who could have been walking with her, why him?

"Hey Nevaeh" The boys say it at the same time but nobody says Jinx.

"Hey.." I glare at Billy. First, the arcade, now school. 'Explains all the gossip'

"Did you drive here?" I already know the answer so I don't know why I'm torturing myself.

"No, Billy picked me up." I watch her smile as she glances at Billy and feel my heart crack a little.

"Oh ok well-"

*Ring*

"What were you saying?" She looks at me so innocently, so sweet.

"Nothing don't worry about it. I got to get to class, I'll see you guys later." I quickly walk away but not before catching the amusement and pride twinkling in Hargrove's eyes. 'Thank God I have the first two periods to myself.'

♡♡♡

I skipped 3rd period. I was irritated all through 1 and 2 period so I skipped my 3rd period to smoke and clear my head but that didn't work. I don't know why, call it wishful thinking but I was really hoping, even praying, that the two had separated at lunch but no. Billy Hargrove was at our fucking table with his arm around her shoulders. They were both laughing at god knows what and I would have focused on how beautiful she looked if it wasn't for his damn arm.

"Hey Billy what are you doing here?" I grit my teeth trying to sound friendly.

"Vae invited me to your table for lunch." He grins. 'She invited him and since when did he start calling her Vae!?'

"Lovely." I fake smile. I set my tray down and glared at them as Billy lowered his head to whisper in Nevaeh's ear. She laughs at whatever he said and I can't help the anger that arises in me.

"I have to go, I have campaign work to do." I stand abruptly. I walk away before she can say anything, throwing away my food and storming out of the cafeteria.

ᴀ/ɴ: ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴏꜱᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰʀɪᴅᴀʏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ. ɪ ᴘᴏꜱᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴜᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏᴡ ʟᴏɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴀꜰᴛꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ꜱᴇᴇᴍᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɪᴛ. ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ɪᴛ. ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ! ♥