01. Coming Home

- Ace Moretti - 

- Ace Moretti - 

"What are you going to do now? Just go home without finishing the year?" Silas questioned me as I threw all the clothes, I had brought with me 2 years ago, into the duffel bag. "I guess so. If what my brother said was true, then I suppose I have to go home" I looked at him.

Who would have thought the boarding school I dreaded going to, was now the place I wanted to graduate from. But plans had been changed, by the one and only, my father.

He had apparently fallen ill, so my eldest brother was looking after the business, with the help of Lorenzo. Apparently, my father and my mother weren't on good terms with one another.

"There's nothing much I can do here" Silas muttered, as I spared him another glance to see he was packing his own bag. "Where are you two going? Breaking out again?" Gio questioned, humor lacing his voice as he entered our shared dorm with Theo trailing behind.

Theodore Colombo, Giovanni Ferrari, Silas Rossi, and I had become friends. We were stuck in the same dorm, so there wasn't much we could do other than become friends. It had made the entire experience much more enjoyable.

"I've been called to go back home. My father is sick" I muttered, zipping all of my bags and gear up. "I'm coming then" Gio said, rushing to his bunk bed and gathering whatever he could get his hands on.

"What am I supposed to do then? I can't stay here by myself" Theo trailed off, but we all knew he would follow us no matter what. That was our bond. We would follow one another, even if one of us was to jump off of a bridge.

"You know you all can't come back to mine, right? The school doesn't even know you are leaving" I explained, swinging my bags over my shoulders. I didn't want them to be involved in all my family drama even if they were the ones that kept me grounded these past 2 years.

"My mother and father are divorced, so I'll probably go and visit my mother for a while. Not like it would ruin my grades" Gio muttered, stuffing his valuables in his bag. "I can get my mom to pull me out anyways"

"My father doesn't care what happens to me anymore, hence why I'm here" Silas said, jumping off his bed, as he too swung his bag over his shoulders. He was the one that had issues with both of his parents, but mainly his father.

His mother never liked him while his father wanted nothing to do with him. "You can stay with me then. I don't think anyone would mind" I responded, resting a hand on his spare shoulder. He was like a little brother to me, even if he was a few months younger than me.

"I suppose my parents wouldn't mind if I visited them. I was supposed to last holidays, but I got many detentions and assignments I had to catch up on" Theo spoke bitterly. He was a troublemaker.

I mean, we all were in our own ways, but he was the worst. He had the most detentions than anyone in our grade. He didn't beat a sophomore though, who had him by double.