0.0 Prologue

- Ace Moretti -  

- Ace Moretti -  

2 years ago

"You are to go to boarding school for 2 years and I don't want to hear any complaints about it. You need to fix this" my father sat at his desk, ever so elegantly as he pointed towards my end of year report card.

Of course, it wasn't good enough for him. Most of the things I did were deemed as reckless and irresponsible when I was doing most of the right things that most teenagers didn't do.

"But what happens to my sport commitments and- "my father cut me off "your sports commitments are one of the many things that are ruining your grades. You know you have to get a good degree so you can work with us"

He hated that I played sports, and for some reason, it was the only thing that brought me to peace. But with my mother and father, it angered them more and more. They had never been to one of my ice hockey games or my football games.

My older brothers played football their entire lives and had good grades, but as soon as I didn't get good grades, I wasn't allowed to do sports. I couldn't even be at home with my brothers.

"Just go pack your bags. You're leaving tomorrow" my father basically finished the conversation. But I wasn't done with it, and I knew that if I continued, I would just be digging a bigger hole. I didn't say a word as I walked towards the door of his office.

I grasped the gold handle in my hand, turning to give my father one last glance, hoping to see some sort of regret with his decision, but I didn't. All I saw was his eyes concentrated on something that was better than his own son.

I then opened the door and walked out, not bothering to slam it shut like I normally would. "What's up with you?" Blaze, my youngest older brother, stopped walking towards the kitchen I presumed, and looked at me. I handed him the piece of paper that I had found on my desk when I awoke this morning.

"Boarding school?" he questioned, and I just nodded. I didn't have the energy to even respond anymore. It was like my life was crumbling around me. I was 15, a freshman, I had friends, I had sports that I loved. I had what I needed to survive at school.

"Why do you sound so surprised? Aren't you coming with?" I questioned, my brows furrowing. If one thing, I didn't want to be doing this alone. Being a new kid at my age and level, it was weird, and I would be outcasted. "No, I didn't" his brows furrowed as well, as he handed me back the paper.

"Could you at least help me pack then?" I questioned. I didn't want to be left alone, fearing what I may do if I had the chance to let my anger and whatever other emotions that were bubbling around me, go.

"Sure" and we walked back down the hallways and up the stairs we used to race one another. It was like I was going to be saying goodbye, but I knew I wasn't. it was just for two years, which I thought was unnecessary. Just make me stay there until I was done with school.