14. Different People

- Vincenzo Moretti - 

"Vin, make it stop. Make it stop like you always do" 

The words that fell through my baby brothers gritted teeth, made my heart sink. For once, in what felt like years, I could actually feel my heart aching. I had watched the way my brother had been in so much pain when we picked him up, and now, the look that he showed Lorenzo when he was shown help, made my body shake. 

Seeing him now, almost shaking in pain, as he blacked out, made me panic. What had I done? What had I done to the brother that I had promised that I would never be like our father? Here I was, doing just that. I had walked out on him, not saying a word, and just begged for him to come back to me and listen to everything that I say. 

Our father would always come and go, and it was hard for a little boy like Ace. He was easily forgotten by most in our family, as he didn't speak much. The only one he would only ever speak the most to was Blaze, but even then, it was the bare minimum. I had vowed to him, promised him, that I would never leave him, and most of all, never forget him. 

But I did. And that didn't give me the audacity to do what I had done to him. I didn't give me the audacity to be the one standing here, looking at the pale face of my youngest brother, who was in more pain than I knew he could bare, all while he was just dosed up with more and more drugs. Drugs that I knew should never be put in his body. 

This was all my fault. I should have done something about his foot before all of this, but now, it was crushed and barely holding together. I couldn't bare it any longer, so I stormed out of the hospital room, and out of there. I was walking aimlessly through the hallways, as I somehow made it to the carpark, and just sat in my car. 

I leaned over the wheel, resting my elbows on it, before I was resting my head in my hands. My fingers threaded through the mess of curls on my head, as I pulled. Pulled as hard as I could to feel just as much pain as I knew my baby brother was in. The same brother that I had ruined to no end. There was no way we were ever going to see one another the same way anymore. It just wasn't possible for the two of us, after what I had done to him. 

---