Chapter 3 - Destroy it

"It gets my blood boiling"

TW: mentions of abuse and self harm and really brief mention of sex

Scott was laying on his bed unmoving. He was councious, he had his eyes open, but he wasn't moving and didn't want to.

He didn't have to, Lauren did offer to be a standby ruler afterall.

He eventually stirred and got up. He rubbed his eyes and then the bridge of his nose with a groan.

He looked over to his mirror. It had a beautiful golden frame with floral ornaments and a few sapphire accents.

He looked at himself. He was a mess. His hair was unkept. His clothes were in not so good of a condition either, semmingly dirty.

He looked at his own face.

He never hated his looks. He had a sharp jawline, a small nose and beautiful cyan eyes, the color matching his hair. He was just above average looking.

His hair was light teal, just like his mother's.

His mother...

She was an interesting person, to say the least. She had her way around people, and as much as Scott's father yelled and slapped his sons, she got to their mind. Scott didn't know it until Xornoth left. She could make him drink sweet poison that would destroy inside-out without him ever noticing.

When Scott was still meant to be a prince, he read a lot of books, some on plants. He knew flower meanings.

Orange lily, the one his mother held on the family painting, means hatred.

Scott's eyes drifted lower, noticing his hands. They looked snow white and soft.

Not many people knew that if you looked closer, there are millions of little scars littering the tender skin.

Those scars were mostly from when Xornoth left and from the first three months of being king.

Scott frowned at the memories of his father finding out about him cutting. He yelled for hours and slapped his youngest at least five times. He was supposed to be perfect, happy and glad for the life they provided him. He wasn't supposed to feel anything except gratefulness, happiness and numbness.

For Scott those scars meant feeling something. They were a stress reliever. They were an escape. They were the rule breaking.

They were the only solution...

He looked at his wings, majestic, white with a blue hue. They were the signature and pride of the Smajor family and quickly started being associated with royalty upon the dynasty taking the throne.

He looked at his hair again.

His father had purple hair. He wasn't a descendant of the Smajor family, that was the mother, being the only child. He was the son of some rich family in Rivendell.

Scott thought about family. He will have to finally marry someone at some point, and that made him furious.

He knew that many people wanted to date him, but that's only to elevate status, sometimes not even for his looks.

Nobody loves you...

He had to have a kid. That would mean having a wife and... The thought made him gag.

Sure, he had sex before, with a man.

He was gay for Aeors sake! Why can't he just marry a man and maybe even end the bloodline?

His fist clenched.

This was Xornoth's falut.

He ran away like a coward, leaving Scott with all those problems. He could have everything he was pointlessly chasing, the Rivendell crown guaranteed power. He could be sending people to research for him. Hell, he could even have batalions to attack and overtake other Empires!

Scott looked at himself in the mirror again.

His eyes reminded him of Xornoth's, at least before experimenting with dark magic.

I hate you

His hair reminded him of his abusive, toxic parents.

I hate you

His arms reminded him of his brother leaving, all the abuse he had to endure.

I hate you

His wings reminded him of his inevitable future.

I hate you

His face reminded his of the bloodline he had carry, the inevitable marriage.

He was furious.

He hated his eyes.

He hated his hair.

He hated his arms.

He hated his face.

He hated himself.

He hated his life.

He hated it all.

CRASH

"Your majesty! Are you okay?!" One of his servants ran into the room upon hearing the loud sound.

Scott turned around, looked at the young man, then looked back to the place where the mirror was.

Before him was a frame with broken pieces of reflective glass.

He brought his hand up to his line of sight, seeing cuts and scratches. Blood was dripping slowly to the ground.

"I'm fine. Can you clean this mess up and get me a medic? Also give the frame to the glazier so he can repair the mirror please."