Chapter 6 - Get rid of me

"So hurry on by, I'll see you off with with a smile"

TW: heavy suicidal topics

(I changed it from the song 1-800-273-8255 by Logic to Smile by Ukuletea because it didn't sit right with me for this fanfiction)

Scott sat down at the round table in the biggest chair. Like every three months, there was an Elven Council gathering.

The Elven Council was a small set of the richest elves in Rivendell who own and rule bigger chunks of land and people while still being under the king's word. In total there were five people at the moment, counting the king himself.

"Welcome everyone to the Elven Council gathering! We have a lot to discuss today. The vines and tentacles left, but, as you all know, there was left damage. I thank you all for cooperating on the matter and helping re-build the homes which have been destroyed. As far as I am aware, the building process will be coming to an end soon, am I right?" Scott turned to one of the noblemen.

"Yes, king Smajor. I've been supervising the work myself," Marith, one of the gathered, said. They were from the Astrid family, one of the less rich families in Rivendell's aristocracy. They were also the youngest in the Council and in charge of the building processes. They had lush, dark hair in an afro and, despite the elven genes, a darker complexion. They were usually very postive, but kept their stance in the times of war.

Scott smiled at them, his eyes blank.

"Thank you, Mx Marith Astrid. How about you, Ms Ordella Vogelblau? How are the supply chains working? I hope there are no issues whatsoever?" Scott turned to a middle aged woman on his right. She was the current head of the Vogelblau family, which was in charge of every supply that went to the factories and was used to build the impressive structures throughout the empire.

Ordella was a strong woman, good in the arts of war and fighting, despite her current profession. She had a few visible scars despite the pale colour of her skin. She was usually very stern and serious, but she knew the Smajor siblings from their birth and had a soft spot for both of them. She also was hurt and seemed more easily irritated when Xornoth left.

"The supplies and materials are enough. The destroyed farms were quickly rebuilt and the crops were replanted. The mines were not damages at all," she said. "We also have been getting support from our allies, the Mezealian Empire, the Ocean Empire, the Crystal Cliffs and Mythlands. Am I correct, Mr Bright?"

"Yes you are, Ms Vogelblau. The support from other empires is great, thanks to the alliances and the concracts. Though the Crystal Cliffs do need help themselves and the support is mutual between our and their kingdoms." A blonde man said. He was barely 30 and looked fragile. His name was Louis Bright and he was the ambassador for Rivendell. He was the one making sure the contracts were being fulfilled by the empires which were in alliance with Rivendell. He was short, but his voice was stern and confident.

"Thank you both, Mr Louis Bright and Ms Ordella Vogelblau," Scott said. He was still smiling. He turned around and his smile dropped just the slightest as he said, "and how about the money right now, Mr Mark Kaffrey?"

"The people are paying their taxes succesfully. Due to the incident however, we have lost some to buy the supplies to re-build some parts of the empire. I suggest rising taxes," the man said. He was the oldest of the group and undeniably the least likeable one. He was greedy and cocky with how much power he had, and he was the head of the richest family in Rivendell.

"We are not making the people pay more. They've suffered enough." Scott said through gritted teeth, his wings twitching with emotion. He then took a deep breath. "Are there any topics that the Council members need to discuss further today?" He asked with a cold, unnervingly stoic voice.

"Your majesty," Mark started with a tone that bode ill. "I feel compelled to remind you, that you have to marry soon; as the tradition says, a king has to be wed to a woman before the age of 25."

Everyone on the room shot him a hateful look.

"Mr Kaffrey! You are well aware of the king's preferences. How could you say that!" Marith exclaimed loudly.

"I know, Ms May, but that's what tradition says," the old man said with a smirk.

"Don't you dare deadname me," they said with anger.q "You are-"

"Mr Kaffrey, get out."

Everyone looked at Scott who was bearing a stone-cold expression.

"E-excuse me?"

"Scar, please escort this man to the entrance door of the palace. This meeting is over." He then stood up from his seat and walked to his private room, leaving everybody stunned for a mere second.

Scott sat down on his bed and took off his crown, then looked at it carefully. It was golden and had three blue opal stones in each of the three icicle-shaped pieces. The stones were accompanied by beautiful patterns and a few small diamonds.

It was a beautiful reminder of how much responsibility layed on Scott's shoulders as a king. Mark was right, he had less than two years to find someone to before he has to be replaced. That was one of the traditions that the elves sticked to very strictly.

For what feels like the hundredth time this month, he felt tears run down his cheeks.

He didn't belong on this position.

He must be crazy for not wanting to marry a woman.

They probably hate him for it.

His future is inevitable, he will have to either succumb to the tradition or get overthrown or even killed.

He had no choice.

He will kill himself.

He wants to.

It's the best option.