Prologue

The silence of my slumber was broken by a deafening scream.

The smell of smoke filled my view when i open my eyes, all i could think about was my little boy, "Dazai! DAZAI!" my voice broke. With a jump start to my day, i broke into Dazai's room. He wasn't there.

"Ahhg!" The deafening scream sounded again.

The kitchen.

My legs moved before i could process anything. Breaking through the door, my eyes caught my little 6 year old, holding a torch against the gas oven, the room alught and tears flowing hysterically from his eyes.

"I-i m sorr-" I gripped him, actively cutting of his sentence. It doesn't matter what he did, it matters if he is well out of harms way.

With the fire burning my feet, my lungs being filled with all the smoke, I couldn't hold on much longer, the burning wooden pillar above us was giving in.

This is my last moment with Dazai..

I thought as i turned him around, his back to me now, "Dazai! Listen to me , run as far away from this house and go live your life hun-"

"no-nono!!" He interupted, "it is my fault please mom you are going to die, don’t leave me, don’t die"

"Dazai, death isn't something to be afraid of-" I proclaimed, throwing Dazai out of reach before the beam fell..

"AHGGGGG!!!"

(230 words)