008

"I made a mistake and am now living with the consequences" 

Lydia opened her laptop seeing some kind of code instead of her math homework "These are your math notes? No wonder Malia's failing..."

"Um, some of them are my notes. The rest, I think might actually be a code." Allison leaned overlooking over the code

"But you don't remember writing it?"

"Not in the slightest. But, considering my drawing of a tree led us to the Nemeton, I should probably figure out what it means before it tries to kill us." Allison shivered remember the ritual sacrifices Scott, Stiles, and herself had to go through.

"Maybe it's like the Enigma code the Allies used? Remember, my dad was a World War II buff? And my mom was, well... in it." Allison blinked she must have missed that part. 

"I think it's a variation on something called the Vigenère Cipher."

"Do you know how to crack it?"

Allison chimed in, "the Vigenère Cipher needs key." 

It was that moment that Natalie dangled a literal key in front of her daughter "Remember the rules-- no more than six people allowed in the lake house, stay out of the wine, and if anything gets broken, it's getting added to your credit card debt." Yeah, the six-person rule was definitely being broken tonight with the new pack in Beacon hills. 

Lydia shrugged, "Fine." 

She tried to take the key, but her mom snatched them back, "And lock up the basement! From all the scratch marks I found on the walls, it looked like a pack of wild animals got down there." She smiled tensely as she was handed the Key. 

Allison waited till she was gone before asking, "Malia or Scott getting the hang of his alpha powers?" 

"Malia, she's just learning how to control her shift, so we've been locking her up in the lake house basement." Kira told her, "Before that it was the school."

"I don't know what we would do if Scott couldn't control himself." Lydia said rubbing her temple. 

"Die" Kira suggested. 

Allison shook her head, "You wouldn't, even when Scott couldn't control his shift, he was actively protecting me. You'd be fine." 

"Yeah, we would just die." Lydia told her pointing to herself and referencing the rest of the pack. No matter who he was with Scott would always love and protect Allison, she was his first love the one who died in his arms, the one he couldn't save. He had a second chance at protecting her, and nothing was gonna stop him. If he could have his way, she would never see battle again.  

~~~

Accalia had decided to have Eli forgo picking her and Isaac, who had told Melissa that he was back last night, up and take the ride to school with Scott that morning. She had hoped to calm him down, telling him about some of the more violent reactions her beta's had after finding out what she had done to them. It worked until they got to the school and saw Liam having a panic attack. 

"Dude, are you okay?" his friend asked.

He caught sight of Accalia, Scott and Isaac "I'll talk to you later. I gotta get to class," they rush into the school to stop him before he got to class." 

Liam tried to get away from them, but Stiles appeared at the other end of the hall, "Liam, hey!"

"We need to talk-"

He interjected aggressively "No, you need to back the hell up, okay? All of you."

"Can you just listen to him for one second? Please?" Isaac had to stop himself from hitting him, he really didn't like this kid. He half wondered if he was this bad when he turned.