Charge's choice

Hunter POV continued
   (One year time jump since last chapter)
        I was patrolling the city from the rooftops like I usually do. When I hear a sonic boom, I only know of one person who can do such a thing. Havoc? I focused on the increase in sound energy, when I appeared on a rooftop to find Havoc on the ground and Starling standing right in front of her.

  "Well, it looks like you have lost Havoc!" Starling declared, she has lost but do you have to rub it in? I could hear a groan come from Havoc. Was that a groan of annoyance or pain? "How cute you thought you could defeat me."

      Havoc slowly started to get up, when Starling kicked her in the gut. Which results in her falling to the ground once more.

       "This isn't over!" Havoc gritted out, while holding her left side.

     "Screen Havoc for injuries." I whisper from the shadows, hopefully this new system mom designed works. Within seconds a 3d image of Havoc appeared, a list of her injuries appeared. Let's see bruised ribs, 75% chance of a concussion, and 60% chance of sprained ankle.

       "The feared Havoc is lying before me defeated, I think the world deserves to see this." Starling said, as she pulled her phone to take a picture of Havoc. The world needs to know villains can be defeated but this.......isn't the way. I need to stop this, right now.

     "Stop!" I yell, as I come out of the shadows. The two of them were looking at me with faces filled with a mixture of emotions. Starling was looking at me with a mixture of annoyance, disbelief, and slight fear. Havoc was looking at me with shock, confusion, and what appeared to be relief.

           "Charge, what are you doing here?" Starling asked, as she recomposed herself. I looked at her displeased, she needs to know that this isn't right.

       "I sensed an increase in sound energy, so I came immediately knowing that havoc is in the area." I answer, while keeping an eye on Havoc.

            "Charge, I don't need assistance." She remarked, annoyed.

        "I can tell that Starling, but tell me why Havoc has bruised ribs, a 75% chance of a concussion, and 60% chance of a sprained ankle!?!?!" I demanded, letting my anger show. Starling was looking at me completely shocked at my outburst.

              "Why are you taking her side!?!" Starling asks, slowly getting into a fighting stance.

        "Because you crossed a line, and she needs help." I reply, while I start to absorb the energy building up on the rooftop.

              "She's a villain! It's our responsibility as heroes to defeat them and lock them up." Starling points out, she is really trying to get her point across. However, I won't change my mind.

          "No, it's our responsibility to make the world a better place for everyone. That also includes villains like Havoc." I remind her. Havoc slowly starts to get up from the ground. It's time for me to make a decision on the kind of hero that I want to be. Starling throws a couple of punches at me, which I avoid easily.

                "If you stand against me then you're a villain!" She declares, looking at me with eyes filled with rage. I get in between her and Havoc, quickly I form a barrier of energy around Havoc and I.

            "Why are you doing this?" Havoc askes, dazed and confused.

                "Because Starling crossed a line, that should never be crossed." I answer, darkly.

            "Charge has gone bad? That's a headline I wouldn't mind seeing." Havoc remarks, pleased. That's a headline, I don't want to see.

                "Havoc, is Chaos at all nearby?" I ask, a plan slowly forming in my head. If Chaos hits one of the supports beams, enough to minic the effects of a earthquake. That should give Havoc enough time to escape, while I deal with Starling.

            "Why?" She asks, hesitantly.

                  "I need you to tell him, to punch one of the support beams of the building." I answer, she gasps as she realizes what I'm thinking. "Just do it!"

             I grabbed a disk from my suit, and threw it so it was behind Starling. That combined with Chaos strength should be enough to level out the playing field temporarily. 

            "What did you just throw?" Havoc asked, intrigued.

                 "Something that will ensure you time to escape." I replied, as I focused on Starling screams of frustration. "Have you contacted Chaos?"

           All of a sudden the building started shaking, and the disk released a blast of energy freezing Starling in place.

              "Does that answer your question?" She asked, with a grin on her face.

                  "Yes" I say, right as I feel a bunch of Kinetic energy approaching from below. Well, I better be gone before Chaos gets here. "Until next time"

              I sprint towards the edge of the rooftop and jump off. Slowly, I was absorbed into the street light system. I hope my parents understand why I did what I did.