Healing and secrets

Jake POV

   I just got home from sparring with Hunter, It felt amazing fighting against someone again. Immediately, I noticed Amy on the couch. She looked slightly sad, but also relieved.

       "Are you okay?" I ask, worried. She jumps at my question, well she must have been deep in thought. Because she never jumps at any of my questions.

"Yeah, I just was thinking about our life before Valley view." She comments, while  not answering my question. "How was sparring with Hunter?"

      "It was nice, he is a skilled fighter. Which is surprising because he comes from a rich family." I remark, as I hold my left shoulder.

  "It's quiet and rich kids that surprise you the most." She points out, as she gets up and heads upstairs. I head into the kitchen and push the banana, so I can go downstairs into the lair. As I walk down into the lair and see our suits displayed. Chaos will always be part of me, however I am also Jake Madden now. Maybe I should just find a way to show both parts of who I am?

       "What are you doing down here?" Amy asks, as she watches me from the stairs.

   "Do you miss being Havoc?" I ask, as I point at her suit. I notice she starts to tense up immediately, but then she slowly begins to smile.

         "Havoc and Chaos, everyone when they saw us toward would run. I miss being able to use my powers and be as destructive as I wanted." She answered, as I notice she is thinking about the past.  "Do you remember when you helped me make my villain debut?"

    "It was at Starling's award ceremony for saving the mayor from mom and Dad's attack." I say, as I start to think back to that day. "You were so nervous, but once you revealed yourself to the world. I knew that you would become a name that everyone would know."

          "Yeah, however now I am a laughing stock thanks to you and Starling." She points out, annoyed. I was a terrible brother back then, however I am going to fix that.

      "I'm sorry for not being there for you, when you needed me. Havoc and Chaos has always been a duo, known for having each other's backs. I broke that by creating that meme, which in turn ruined your life." I say, as I apologize to Amy. She looks at me shocked, and walks over to me. I hug her, now I just need to figure out how to handle Starling. Because if Amy finds out about Starling, she will be absolutely devastated. "I know it seems like I want to forget my villain days, but know this Amy. You are always going to matter to me, I am sorry for not seeing what my actions were doing to you."

             "Does this mean I have my brother Chaos back?" She asks, hopefully as she looks at me.

       "Let's just say that Chaos may appear more often in little ways." I finally say, she grins and hugs me tightly then goes back upstairs. I let out a sigh of relief, that's one relationship starting to heal. Now for the rest of the family, I head upstairs and turn in for the night.

     Skip to the next day

         I was on the couch watching TV, when Hartley slammed the door open. She was filled with excitement, that's probably because of what I texted her.

           "You are going on a date with Starling!" She whispers, energetically.  I motion for her to be quiet, hopefully this doesn't backfire on me.

      "I am going to try things out with her, but either way Amy can't know." I say, conflicted. If Amy finds out that I am going to meet with her enemy tonight in a junkyard. She would no longer trust me and I could be potentially putting my family in danger. However, Starling doesn't know the identities of the rest of my family. Wait, maybe I can have Hunter distract Amy for me tonight. Since Hartley would be way too obvious about it.

            "I feel bad for hiding this from her, but I know that it has to be this way." She remarks, sadly. "So where are you going to meet Starling?"

       "We are meeting up at the junkyard, where we had our first battle. Ironically, the junkyard is located 10 minutes outside of Valley View." I answer, excited.

            "How are you going to stop Amy from finding out?" She asks, worried.

        "I'm going to call Hunter and see if he can distract Amy for me." I say, Hartley looks at me shocked and concerned.

             "Don't do that! Amy likes Hunter, I have never seen Amy so happy when she talks about someone. If this all backfires then Amy should have at least one person she can turn to." Hartley exclaims, annoyed and also happy.

      "Starling makes me happy, but I have to find out if there is a chance for us in a relationship. So I am going to have to risk Amy losing Hunter!" I yell, as I slowly start to get angry. Hartley looks at me shocked, and accepts my decision. I hate that I have to do this. But it has to be done, because I hate leaving loose ends and Starling is one right now.

             "Are you sure you want to bring Hunter into this? What if he finds out your secret?" She points out, as she begins to panic slightly. All of a sudden, Amy comes downstairs and looks at Hartley and I suspiciously. Then she heads into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. "That was a close call."

         "I am going to call Hunter." I declare, as I head outside to the front porch. I pull up Hunter's contacts and call him.

              "Hey Jake, What's up?" He asks, as he answers right away.

         "I need a huge favor from you." I answer, hopefully he says yes to what  I'm about to ask.

             "What do you need?" He finally says, after a minute.

         "I am going on a date tonight with someone that Amy hates. So I was wondering if you could distract her, because I want this date to have no interruptions. Also Amy and the person I am going on the date with absolutely hate one another. So Hunter, can you please distract Amy?" I explain, desperately. Hunter doesn't answer for a few seconds, finally I hear him sigh.

            "You have three hours with your date without any interruptions. However, once those three hours are up I am no longer distracting Amy for you. Since I hate being dishonest with my friends and those that I care about." He reveals, seriously. Well, not what I wanted but I will take it.

        "Thank you so much." I say, before I hang up. I go back inside and head to the kitchen.

             "So what are everyone's plans for the night?" Amy asks, Hartley looks at me concerned. Everyone gives random excuses, Amy looks at me waiting for my answer.

        "I am going to go on a nature walk, since my book says going on walks in the darkness is good for your emotional growth." I say, causally. All of a sudden Amy's phone goes off and I see that she is blushing slightly. She actually does like Hunter, since I have never seen her react in such a way before.

   Amy pov

     I was in the kitchen talking with my family and Hartley, when my phone went off. Quickly, I check to see who is calling me and I see that Hunter is calling me. I head outside to the back patio, and answer.

     "Hey feisty, I was wondering if you have any plans for tonight?" Hunter asks, nervously.

           "No, why?" I ask, confused.

     "Do you want to go on a late night drive?" He asks, that sounds boring but I have a feeling that I should go. Well.....Why not, I may have a good time.

           "Sure." I say, I hear a sigh of relief from Hunter. Why is he so nervous?

    "I will pick you up at 6?" He asks, sounding calm finally.

            "That sounds perfect." I responded, with glee in my voice. He immediately hung up, once I gave my response.