Flashbacks and morning chats

Flashback
When I finally got home, I saw my parents and my mom fully suited up. They were looking at me with eyes filled with disgust and rage. Guess they already found out, what I did. However, how did they find out? because the energy blast should've affected Starling's memory.

"Charge, I have received some rather disturbing news. You let a Supervillain escape the hands of justice. Then you also attacked Starling!!" Dad remarked, looking at me furiously.

"That isn't the full story." I commented, looking at my parents wearily.

"Why did you intervene, when Starling had it handled?" Mom asked, intrigued.

" Starling crossed a line, One that is unacceptable to break." I answered, darkly. Dad scuffed at my answer, and rolled his eyes. Why is he acting like this?

"What is that?" Dad asked, annoyed.

"She hurt Havoc." I replied, while looking at him straight in the eyes. "Mom, I used the new system you created to screen Havoc for injuries. The results were: bruised ribs, 75% chance of a concussion, and 60% chance of sprained ankle!"

"All she had was bruised ribs, that's a common injury in this life." Dad pointed out. He doesn't care about her wellbeing

"But heroes don't hurt people, they save and protect them!" I yelled back, annoyed.

"Starling did what she needed to ensure Havoc was weakened. The league could've easily bought her, however because of YOUR actions. Havoc is still out serving Dark Mayhem!" Dad yelled, furiously. He was looking at me, disappointed. I was doing what I thought was right.

"I was standing up for my morals, if I had Ignored what was going.Then I would've been going against my personal morals. What's a hero without their morals?" I say, while looking at my dad annoyed.

"A hero always has morals, Starling was dealing with Havoc in a way. That she saw as being morally correct." Mom commented. They aren't even listening to me!

"I did what I thought was right, since that's what you told me a hero does." I say, dejected. If they aren't going to accept my choice, then maybe it's time I separate myself from them.

"The league wants to punish you for your actions." Mom reveals, while looking at me with tears in her eyes. I'm not surprised Starling informed the league about what happened. However, I know exactly what I did and why I did it. I will show complete transparency of my actions and I will accept my fate.

"The league may do whatever they would like, I know my actions have consequences. But I will not let you shame me for my moral integrity." I say, as I turn around and head to my room to pack a backpack with my personal belongings and necessities. Since I have a feeling it will be a long time before I see this room again.

End of flashback

I wake up to hear my alarm going off. Time to get ready for my morning run, I got up and put on my running clothes. This is a good chance to explore the neighborhood more without being suspicious. I headed down stairs and ate a protein bar, before I went outside and started my morning run. Immediately when I started running down the sidewalk, memories of running in Centropolis came back to me. The sun was slowly starting to rise, birds could be heard beginning to chirp. Such a beautiful morning, the sun is rising, and the birds are chirping. It's impossible for anyone to be sour this morning, when it's so cheerful.

"How are you actually awake at this hour? Let alone running!" A voice familiar to me asked. I turn around to find and see Amy sitting on her front porch. Well someone is just a ball of sunshine, this morning.

"Amy? Didn't you dress up as Havoc for Colossalcon?" I asked, thinking back to when I first met Amy. She looked at me confused, I smirked at her. Suddenly her eyes widened, and began to fill with joy.

"The Charge cosplayer!" She shouts in shock. I nod and walk over to her front porch. She just looks at me in disbelief, well how I look is shocking based on my superhero identity.

"My name is Hunter Princeton, but you can call me whatever you want Feisty." I say, while grinning at her. I noticed she blushed at my nickname for her. It's good knowing that I can still have that effect on people.

"Amy Madden, I just moved here with my family." She says, annoyed. Wow, she seems so...............excited about moving to valley view.

"I just moved here as well, my parents and I need some time away from one another." I comment, she looks at me intrigued. Why do I keep sensing shapeshifter energy? I need to look into any strange events that have happened recently.

"I find that hard to believe, Charming" She says, with a smirk. Oh she wants to play that game. Well, game on Feisty.

"You would be surprised, how crazy my life was before coming here." I remark, thinking about my battles with Havoc and Surge. Amy laughs at my comment, that's a reaction I wasn't expecting.

"Nothing would surprise me after what I have experienced." She says, darkly and walks back into her house. She definitely has a past that has left scars. Maybe I can help her while I am looking for Havoc and her family. Since I will be in Valley View for a while, hopefully I can help her before I finish my mission and the league recalls me to centropolis.