New reality

I was downstairs in my HQ getting ready to head to League Headquarters. Amy hasn't spoken to me for two days now, but I understand that she needs time. But I hope she talks to me soon, because I have missed talking to her. A notification on my computer shows up from Captain Valor. I click on it to see a video call request, quickly I answer it.

    "Hello, Captain Valor, what can I do for you?" I ask, as I sit down in front of the computer. Right away, I notice he is wearing a uniform of sorts instead of his suit. He is wearing a black domino mask, instead of his usual red. Mom did say the league changed, but something tells me that I'm in for a surprise.

      "Cadet Charge, you are to present yourself at headquarters in five minutes. Once you have arrived you will be escorted to stand before the council and our lord commander. Where you shall receive your punishment, then be escorted to a classified location." He explained, why did he call me Cadet Charge? Also who is lord commander? "Do you understand what is going to happen?"

    "Yes, Captain" I say, he looks at me with disgust.

        "The proper response is Yes, Major Admiral Valor." He corrects, I nod my head in agreement. Then he hangs up the call, I look at the computer with disbelief. What happened to the league? I stand up and focus on appearing in league headquarters, slowly I turn into energy and get absorbed into the electric wiring. After five minutes of energy traveling, I appear in league headquarters. Where immediately I am surrounded by people wearing similar uniforms to Captain Valor. A hero with a uniform that says H-11, steps forward.

   "Cadet Charge, you are to be escorted to council chambers. You are to remain silent and show no resistance, any resistance shown will be dealt with accordingly." The hero says before numerous people grab me and take me to the council chambers. They're treating me like I'm a villain, when I'm not. What caused the league to change? As they are heading towards the chambers, I notice that everyone is wearing the same uniform with different H- some number on it. Finally, we arrived at the council chambers as soon as I entered the chambers. I notice that the council is wearing the new uniforms as well. Wait!! Since when is Starling and Dad part of the council?!?! The guards let me go and leave, but two remain in the chambers.

        "Cadet Charge, you stand before the council to receive your punishment for attacking a fellow hero." Captain Valor declared. Yeah, I know why I'm here, don't have to say that again.

    "Cadet Charge, I'm Lord Commander Nano of the league of Superheroes. Your actions against a fellow hero goes against the league values. Since it's clear you have no remorse for your actions. My Major Admirals and I have decided on your punishment for assaulting Heir Starling." Dad says, as he looks at me coldly. I look at him in disbelief because he is looking at me so coldly. Starling has a huge smirk on her face at my reaction.

       "Heir!!" I yell, surprised. Dad smiles at seeing my reaction. 

     "My mentor has saved this league and has brought a new era of Justice. You will show him respect!" Starling declares, coldly she has a dark look in her eyes.

          "Lord Commander Nano, what is the council decision?" I ask, bitterly. Dad looked at me with indifference, as the guards held me in front of the council. Every member of the council was looking at me with eyes of greed. What do they have planned?

     "Cadet Charge, it has been decided that you are a threat to the league. For your actions against MY heir Starling, you are being classified as an assest of the league. No longer will you be a field agent, instead you will serve the council as needed." He declared, as the guards started to lead me out of the room.

  "How dare you!!! I acted as a true hero would of in the situation. Starling crossed many lines by injuries Havoc. I stepped in to stop her from doing anymore harm as any hero would of!" I yell, furiously. As I try to defend my actions, but I see dad look at me with such disgust. "I'm your son and heir to your legacy! You told me after my first solo assignment that: "You are bringing honor to the nanoshockling legacy, son.". Weren't my actions honorable defending someone that is injured!!"

      "Cadet Charge, you have proven yourself unworthy of my legacy. I have a new legacy, one that MY heir has proven herself worthy of. Guards, take this disgrace to my blood out of my sight." He orders, as he glares at me. Before the guards drag me out of the room, I hear one thing that just shatters me. "You are no son of mine."

   When I hear him say I'm no son of his, something snaps inside of me. A fire of rage ignites inside of me, sparks of energy start surrounding me. The guards try to stop me, but I overpower them with ease. One thing is on my mind, I need to get back to Valleyview as soon as possible. As I'm sprinting through the Headquarters, I can hear yelling going on around me. I dodge every attack and attempt to recapture me. Eventually, I see the exit point of headquarters but I can sense they're about to put blocks on. Quickly, I summon all of my strength and energy to teleport to somewhere that is safe.