The beginning of the end

Nano pov

I was in my lab looking over Night Owl Security's recent projects. When I came across a very interesting file. Why would Wilson be working on such a project? I opened the file and was shocked at its content. A power dampening bracelet that could be remote controlled by the police. With a few minor adjustments, I could turn it into a device to monitor the programming and see the status of the programming. Since Hunter is extremely stubborn and a wildcard. But this way, I could ensure that he is in line and if anything happens I can make adjustments to the programming remotely. All of a sudden, a notification from the superhero league appeared. They want me at HQ, immediately. Wonder why? I quickly changed into my superhero suit and used my secret exit to fly to league headquarters in Centropolis. As soon as I arrived Captain Valor was waiting for me.

"Hello, Nano, the council wishes to speak to you." He explains, why would the council want to talk to me? I follow him through League headquarters until he leads me to a conference room. As I enter the room, I see Monarch, Green Talon, Nighthawk, and Angel Knight sitting around a table waiting for me.

"Welcome Nano, We have business to talk to you about." Monarch explains, as she gestures for me to take a seat. I quickly take a seat, Valor takes a seat by Angel Knight.

"How may I help the council?" I ask, intrigued. Since the council has never reached out to me before. They must have become interested in me recently.

"We would like your input on your son's punishment." Nighthawk says, as he slides a folder over to me. I open the folder and see test results and data on Charge. What do they have planned?

"These are his power level scores, and his IQ results. Also notes taken about all of the fights he has been in." I point out, even more confused.

"The average score for a teen Superhero is a level 4, Charge scored a level 9. That is amazing but extremely concerning because of what it also means." Green talon remarked, impressed. It means that Charge is a superhero that needs to be monitored. So him fighting Starling is extremely concerning, because it means that if he separates himself from the league. He can become a major threat, which means the league has to take measures to ensure that never happens.

"It means that his powers are still growing, and that also means he is extremely likely to go above power level 13. Since the average hero reaches their final power level at the age of 21. The fact that he is 4 years away is concerning." I remark, understanding what Green Talon is saying. Why are they telling me this?

"Which is why we have decided on Charge's punishment. He is to go through League mental training, which instills in him the league values and loyalty to the council. This however would cause him to become a classified asset of the league. We would like you to be his handler, since we feel that you are the best suited for such a job." Angel knight reveals, proudly. Wait, if I become Charge's handler this would allow me to activate the programming. Which would allow Charge to become a secret operative for Onyx. The League would never suspect that of Charge.

"I understand that Charge's powers are concerning. However, why is League mental training the best option?" I ask, pretending to be worried as I hide my inner glee.

"We decided that this was the best option, because Charge's actions with Starling showed us. He has the potential of going rogue, and that was extremely concerning to hear. So we made this decision thinking about the safety of Centropolis. This is the best way to ensure everyone's safety." Captain Valor explained, with a sense of duty in his voice.

"Well, may I make a suggestion?" I ask, carefully. Monarch nods her approval and lets me speak. "I recently acquired blueprints and a prototype of a power dampening bracelet. It is possible for the bracelet with a few minor adjustments made. I can make it so the council can monitor how the training is holding. Also to see the progression of his powers, so the council can do whatever they deem necessary."