Broken Trust: The Batrayal Of A Friend

“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”

William Blake

____

The tension surrounding 1A is thick, enough for anyone and everyone to notice.

It's been a week since the incident where Aizawa found his son, and the truth was revealed.

Izumi had made it a point to not talk to any of his classmates, even his brothers. He would go so far as either eating outside or in the teacher's lounge.

On the rare occurrence that he does eat in the cafeteria, he sits alone and always rakes out his hearing aids.

No matter what 1A did, no matter what the brothers did, no one was able to get him to stay and talk. No one was able to apologize.

It was getting to the point of frustration on everyone but Izuku's part, so, they decided on a plan.

Hopefully, it worked.

____

T

The plan was set. They had all decided to corner Midoriya when he came back from talking to Midnight-Sensei and then to apologize.

And so, all of them, except the four brothers, Kaminari and Momo, of which the latter was talking to Aizawa-Sensei, were in the common room and waiting.

Finally, after about thirty minutes of waiting, Midoriya walks through the front door of the dorm.

When he spots them waiting, he immediately makes to turn around and leaves again, only to be stopped by Ojiro, who stood in front of the door, blocking his exit.

Seeing the door blocked, Midoriya tried to make his way to the staircase, only to then be stopped by Shoji.

Huffing in irritation, he turns towards the class, a glare on his face, and making sure every single one of them is in his viewpoint.

"What do you want?" he asked, hostility evident in his voice.

"Deku-kun,  we wanted to apologize! There is no reason to be mean. It's in the past, okay? No need to dwell on it." Uraraka said, trying and failing, to apologize.

Izuku scoffed, giving her an incredulous look, not believing what he just heard.

"What the fuck kind of apology was that? It was worse than the sorry of an excuse I gave Kaminari, and that was a shitshow. Yes, it's in the last, but it still happened, you still did it. You still did, even when you had no right to judge me or my actions! Hah, some friends you all are."

Just as Izuku turned to leave, Iida, frowning, spoke up, doing his hand-chopping thing.

"Midoriya-kun, I understand that you are upset and that we hurt you, but that is no way to talk to any of your classmates! We made a mistake, we're admitting to it and apologizing for it. You shouldn't drag this out. We were concerned for a friend, one of whom you had just started to attack randomly. You need to understand that we were angered on his behalf. Stop being a child!"

"Iida..." someone whispered from behind the class rep, probably realizing the fault in his words.

"Child?! I am the child?! Please, enlighten me. Who were the ones who stole my things? Who were the ones who destroyed my homework? Who excluded me in every single group activity, even when it counted for our grades?! You have gotten me in trouble with not only the teachers but also my parents! You have ruined my grades, something I worked tirelessly to get where I am, one of the only things I take pride in! You were the reason I saw so many detentions. Yet I am the child?!"