Adopted: Part 2

Third Person's POV:

Aizawa was on patrol like any other night.

So far, he only stopped a mugging and a woman from being raped. (I know it sound wrong, like it's no big deal but that is not the case. I meant that the night was slow and that those were the only crimes he stopped so far)

It was a quiet night overall. Well, that was until he saw something out of place.

He was sitting on a rooftop watching over the city when he saw someone running into a alleyway.

He would normally leave it, as that often happens, but that someone was a kid.

He followed the kid and saw him hiding behind a trash can.

He went to approach the kid, but the moment he saw Aizawa he panicked and tried to run away.

Aizawa had cought the kid with his scarf in time, making sure not to hurt him.

He crouched down infromt of the kid, only to realize he was having a panick attack.

Aizawa began to talk to the kid, calming him down. After a few minutes, the kid had calm down enough for Aizawa to properly talk to him.

Aizawa's POV:

When the kid calmed down, I took time to look him over. He had bandages on his arms and legs and bruises on places that weren't covered by either clothing or bandages.

Looking at his face, I only now noticed that he was wearing a mask but not just any normal mask.

He was wearing a mask that stopped him from fucking talking.

What the fuck.

I went to take the mask off when the boy flinched. It hurt seeing a young boy flinch away from me, scared I would hurt him.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I just want to take of the mask okay" I said softly.

I had raised my hands to show him I mean no harm and when he nodded I continued what I planned on doing.

After struggling to get it of, it finally did an I heard the boy sigh in relief.

"Can you tell me what's your name?"

He looked at me with wide eyes, as if he was scared to talk. I waited patiently for his response not wanting to scare him further.

After a minute he replied but it was in sign.

'I can't talk. My quirk is brainwashing and if I talk to someone and they respond I can control them'

He looked as if he was about to burst out in tears, looked scared to what my response would be.

He was waiting. Waiting to be beaten, to be yelled at.

It made my blood boil. How could they abuse a child for his quirk!

This world is so fucked up.

Letting out a slow steady breath, as to control my anger, I looked at the boy and gave him the gentelest smile I could manage.

Don't judge me ok, I am not one for smiling.

"Don't worry. You don't have to speak to me. We're gonna have to go to the police though"

I saw him flinch, again, before slowly and hesitantly nodding.

"Don't worry, I promise you they won't hurt you ok. Even if they try to? I will personally kick their ass"

His eyes widened in shock at the choice of my words. I cursed myself mentally, reminding me that he is just a child.

"May I pick you up?" I asked him, as to not scare him into another panic attack.