Hamza

It wasn't just a rumor.

Earlier today she had disproved the rumor and silenced all of the sceptics, by coming with her hair open. Those snakes were kicking themselves for their actions.

It seemed like something out of a romantic movie: our favorite song, Aadat, was performed live on stage by the legendary Atif Aslam himself. And as we were making a boomerang, we both started singing along to the song's lyrics. But then, accidentally, someone's hand collided with Hafsa's wig, causing it to fall down, revealing her bald scalp.

She had concealed the truth from me. She had betrayed the trust. I couldn't believe it. Was she so naive as to not realize that when in a relationship, you don't lie? But I guess no one was more foolish than me for continuing to believe her deception when even her friends were aware of the truth.

"You lied," I murmured, stunned.

Hafsa was the center of attention. She looked at me with her teary eyes for a brief minute before she bolted for the lady's restroom.

                                                                                  *****

After Hafsa's truth was reveled, I didn't want to stay any longer, but home was going to be no better. My friends promised it would be worth staying.

"Don't ruin your day for a liar. You know she is not worth it." They added.

So, I stayed. But it wasn't fun. By and by as Atif Aslam sang heartbreaking songs, their meanings continued to hit me like never before. One after another, it seemed like each song was written for me. I tried my best to keep the smile on my face, act like nothing had happened, but from the inside, the same songs that would help me get up, were pushing me down. All my life I had seen music as a healer, but today I met its new face: a killer. Actually, much worse, like a snake in disguise of friend. Apparently giving peace, taking all pains away, but slowly killing your insides like poison.

So how do you heal once your medicine stops curing you? When the distraction isn't distracting enough anymore? You find a new distraction and I knew exactly what my new distraction could be.