Faisal

"Where is he?" I wondered.

And then I found him. He was standing at the back of the college building, with a boy, Imran. Imran wasn't just any boy. He was the one Hamza had caught and got suspended for vaping. But he was not stopping him. Rather it seemed like he was smoking with him.

"Hamza!" I called out.

They turned, looking at me.

"Excuse me," Hamza told him. "I will join you in a moment."

He dragged me to a corner.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you this?"

"Please don't tell my parents anything," he pleaded. "Please for the sake of our friendship."

"Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"I just found a new way to heal myself."" he was definitely faking the smile that was plastered on his face. "Even if it is temporary. I want to breath freely for a moment."

"This is not going to heal you in any way, bro," I looked right into his eyes. "If you want peace, then read Quran, or pray. That is the only way to heal your heart. This temporary peace is going to do you no good."

The boy waved at him.

He raised his hand in acknowledgment.

"Spare the lecture to yourself," he moaned , rushing to the boys. "And don't forget our secret."

He grabbed the vape, and started to smoke. The first time made him choke and yet he broke his choke into a laughter and tried again.

"It is just a phase. He will get over it soon. He needs a little space to breath. And maybe he is right a little vape would do no harm. Maybe I am overreacting." I told myself.

I don't want to loose a childhood friend on such a petty issue. It would definitely be a shame to do so.