6. Fix Your Mistakes

Ningguang POV:

It was finally break time. I walked to the canteen once again with Keqing and Ganyu.

The atmosphere in the hallway was still the same. Everyone was still whispering about me as I walked past them. The only difference was that the posters were all gone and I had caught a glimpse of all of today's issue of newspapers in the recycling bin. I had also passed by Kaedehara Kazuha, who was the school's sports club vice president. He would usually give me a cheerful smile whenever he passed by. But today, he just shot me a dirty look.

"Ah finally! An empty seat!" Keqing said gleefully as she sat down on the bench.

"Duh, it's the closest to the bin." I commented. Everyone would avoid "The Dumpster Seat" because of how much it reeked. Only people who don't wish to interact with others would sit here for lunch. And that was exactly what the three of us wanted to do.

"I'll go buy food for you two. I'll be back." I said as I got out my purse. The two thanked me as I walked to the stalls. The food in the canteen was usually limited. Most of the time, we would just buy bread or Lok Lok.
I bought a Kaya bun for Ganyu and three fish balls on a stick for Keqing. I didn't have an appetite today so I just bought myself a packet drink.

As I walked back to my seat, I got a tap on my shoulder. It was Shenhe's nephew. Shenhe was my friend from Biology class but I can never seem to remember what his name was...

"Hello Miss President, uhm, my name is Chongyun and I'm here to apologize on behalf of Xingqiu and Hutao."

"Xingqiu and Hutao? Are you from the newspaper club?" I asked the young boy.

"Yes I am, and they want to apologize to you formally during the council meeting later."

The council meeting was when all the presidents and vice presidents of each club would come together and share their recent activities with each other and exchange opinions. It was rather enjoyable.

I smiled at him. "Thank you go Chongyun, here, take my packet drink and tell that president of yours that I'm excited to hear the formal apology."

He thanked me gleefully and ran off as I continued to walk back to my lunch table. Keqing and Ganyu were busy scribbling some stuff down when u returned. I sat next to Ganyu and took a glance at her notes. It was for this evening's meeting.

"Don't you guys usually do this earlier..? Why are you rushing it now instead?" I asked, puzzled. "I had already finished mine last week."

"Yea Ning, I finished it last night but after today's incident, we need to write down more stuff." Ganyu added "Oh also thanks for the bun."

"Maybe I should rewrite mine too.." I thought. Seeing them frantically writing made me feel motivated to check my notes again.

"Maybe I'll text Beidou, tell her to meet me at my house after the meeting too." I told the two.

Keqing had chomped down her fish balls and stared at me, rather disturbed. "I think she should be the one to talk to you. She literally threw a fit at YuYu this morning!"

"And I'm gonna fix the problem." I argued. "I'm the president and I think I should be responsible for it. Don't you think so?"

Keqing's expression changed from disgusted to worried.

"Yea you're right.." she said. As she continued to scribble.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. It was that orange boy from PE.

"What do you want, Tartaglia. Questions regarding your club should be asked during the meeting, not during break." I snarled.

Tartaglia adjusted his glasses and smiled. "Actually I'm doing fine, it's the principal that wishes to see you."

His voice rang in my ears and cold sweat trickled down my face.

"I'm doomed." I thought.

Authors notes:

I feel like I included too much characters but it's ok ig.

Also Shenhe and Chongyun are in the same school because they're really distant relatives but somehow managed to be in the same school tgt. (idk read up genshin lore)

I sincerely apologize for the inconsistent uploads as well.