7. Casual Homophobia

Ningguang POV:

   Ningguang's heart was pounding as Tartaglia brought her to the principal's office. Madam Alice was the principal of multiple schools and somehow has not cracked under the pressure. (idk it would work) She had been in this position for multiple years and is immensely feared by everyone.

   Tartaglia knocked on the door. "Madam~ She's here~" he chanted.

   "Thank you dear~" A lady with blond hair and round glasses replied. Ningguan gulped. It was the she-devil herself. She looked really cheerful for some reason as well.

   Well, I spoke too soon.

   As Tartaglia closed the door, Madam Alice gave me with the most horrifying glare ever. I could feel my heart pounding so fast, it felt as if it was about to explode. My hands were burning with itch and I was just scratching them non-stop.

   "Miss Ningguang, do you know what.. ONE SINGLE ARTICLE HAS COST YOU.? THERE WERE MULTIPLE GOVERNMENT SERVANTS AT OUR SCHOOL TODAY AND THEY WERE ALL JUST LOOKING AT THOSE POSTERS!" she yelled. I could feel my tears swelling, I was about to become a fountain. This was the first time I have ever been scolded by a teacher and I cannot hold it in anymore.

  "Your track record has always been perfect, but this is seriously against the school rules and you know that. Do you not remember what we taught you on the first day of school, Ningguang?"

   I sniffed. "You taught us to not become gay if not we will rot in hell?"

   "Exactly, but somehow you forgot about all this hmm?" she asked sarcastically. I remained silent and only replied with a few sniffs.

   I could never forget the day she told us that. I remember it so clearly. She would force her beliefs upon us so much that even I got sick. I remember when Zhongli came out to me as a bisexual, he was crying so much. He was so terrified he was going to get suspended. But luckily he managed to graduate and become a part-timer here. I wonder how he managed to confront this lady when applying for the job.

   "Ningguang, I may have to suspend you and Beidou from your current positions in school.. I don't want to see you fags walking around freely. I'll think about it.. You're free to go~ Goodbye~" The principal said in a sing-song tone.

   When I walked out of her office, the bell had rung, alerting us that we have class. I was lucky enough to not have any classes for now. So I proceeded to the toilets to wipe my tears. Then, I heard my phone beep. It was a message from Beidou. My emotions heightened. I didn't really care about going to hell since all my friends wiuld be there anyway. So I proceeded to read her text message.

Bei
Hey, I saw you go into the principal's office too. Are you alright?

Ning
Yea, I'm ok.

Bei
lmao i cried when i went in there jn. she said she might be taking away my president position too 😎

Ning
haha yea same. shes like shit ✨
also can we meet up after the meeting later?

   I felt a bit better after talking to Beidou, but knowing she might not get that scholarship is even more worrying.

Author's notes: i made this as sad as possible you're welcome.