17 | Mutual Desires

•••

After your shared kiss, Levi was left almost entirely speechless. You gave him two options. Either you would leave and respect that he needed space, or that you could both sit down and talk. To your surprise he wanted you to stay, ushering you to sit in the living room while he went to prepare tea.

You crane your neck to the side, looking to the direction of the kitchen. You watch Levi poor boiling water into two mugs, his hands looking the tiniest bit unsteady, almost slow with his movements. Which is odd, considering Levi's lack of ever being clumsy.

You yourself are nervous, yes. But the fact that he kissed you back, makes you feel all giddy inside, just a little bit.

"This... I wanted it too."

His words have been playing in your head, over and over again. Your trying not to get your hopes up, because of your past romantic failures. What if Levi's intentions are completely different from yours? What if you've really just ruined everything and he's about to reject you?

Your spiraling thoughts are cut short when you feel the couch cushions dip next to you, your head turning to look up from the floor. Levi sets the two steaming cups of tea on the coffee table, his eyes meeting yours shortly when he gets comfortable. You gulp, your hands stilling on your lap completely. He has a shirt on now, you didn't notice him leave the room to grab it. He sits with his legs slightly spread, his body turned towards you, his upper arm resting on the arm of the couch, supporting his face with his closed fist. You're put at ease from his somewhat relaxed state. You force in a deep breath, keeping your gaze fixed on those beautiful eyes of his.

"Is there somewhere you want to start, Levi?" You ask hesitantly, picking at your finger nails. His eyes flicker to your hands, then back up to your face. "I wish to know, how long have you had interest in me Y/n? How long have you been... attracted to me?" Levi asks, his voice laced with a hint of nervousness.

You clear your throat. "Honestly Levi, ever since we met." His eyes widen tremendously, your brows raising in concern. "Oh! Well- I meant... are we talking about when I found you physically attractive, or overall?" You fumble, embarrassed from how you blurted out so much.

"Overall, in terms of speaking, Y/n."

You almost roll your eyes at his bluntness.

"Im not sure Levi, I can't give you a specific answer. But, I will say that it's been months." You confess, your eyes flickering down to your hands. You gulp, your breath shuddering from nerves. His own hand slowly makes its way to yours, making you gasp softly when his fingers brush over the skin of your palm. You look back up, meeting the intensity of his gaze. You're taken aback from his physical touch, Levi never being one to initiate such a thing with you.

"Really?"

You nod.

"Y/n, I can't explain myself well. I apologize, I believe it's taken me awhile to realize my own feelings." His fingers move to weave in between yours, giving them soft squeeze. "But, this is wrong."

"What do you mean?" You ask urgently.

"You are still my client, Y/n. The manner of our relationship is not appropriate." He sighs. "Even more than before at this point in time, considering recent events." He trails off.

Oh.

"I understand, but what are implying?" You ask him, squeezing his hand like how he did to yours just a moment ago. Levi repeats the action, squeezing your own before answering. "I am implying that we need to keep that in mind." He says, serious.