▫️ P1-3 Arrivals and New Friends ▫️

The train you were taking was moving at a steady, consistent pace. There were nearly no sudden bumps in the tracks whatsoever. This was, until you reached the end of Hammerhead Bridge. As the train moved from the newer tracks of the bridge, onto the older ones of the Splatlands it caused the whole of each train car to shake. The not-so-smooth transition jerked you awake.
"Ugh, what time is it?" You thought to yourself, before you remembered. "Ack! Where's my phone?" You frantically searched your bag for you Sea Cucumber Phone. At last you found your phone, flipping it open and checking the time. 12:45PM. A sigh of relief escaped your mouth.
After you calmed down, you unlocked your phone. Suddenly an onslaught of messages filled the notification bank. All of which were from Shellox.

Shellox: Hey are you almost there
Shellox: Hello???

You scrolled through all of them, not reading most. One did catch your eye though.

Shellox: Oh well. When you do see this just look out for these guys, they should guide you around or smth

 When you do see this just look out for these guys, they should guide you around or smth

You gasped. You were surprised, awestruck even. "I-isn't that Deep Cut?" The question left you... confused? Amazed? You didn't exactly know. You glanced at the photo again, double checking. It was still Deep Cut.
Your thoughts were racing before a similar voice came over the intercom. It was the conductor. "We will be arriving to Splatsville in just about 5-10 minutes!"
"Oh carp!" You semi-yelled. All of your thoughts were put to a halt as you hurriedly got all your things together. You could feel the train slowing down now. Everything outside the window started to resemble a city instead of desert. High skyscrapers, bustling roads, stores, and so much more.
You looked out the window as the surroundings slowed and the train screeched to a stop. Outside was a boarding platform, with two small enclosed waiting areas to the left and right. These continued all the way to the end of the platform. Attached to the outside of the waiting areas were benches that several inklings and octolings sat on.
Looking away from the window you saw people leave their seats and exit the train. You figured you should be doing the same. Hauling your bag over your shoulder and extending the handle of your suitcase, you headed to the exit of the train.
A wave of hot air bombarded you as you took a step out of the train, onto the platform. You surveyed your surroundings, looking for any sign of Deep Cut. "Was Shellox lying? Was she playing a prank on me or something?" You thought. You continued looking around until you saw a shadow looming over you.
"Boo!" It shouted. You whipped yourself around. A look of pure terror came over your face. "You must be Y/N! Oooh, I'm so happy to meet a music artist from Greater Inkopolis!" The voice greeted you. "Heya, I'm Frye." She reached her hand out. You shook it, of course. "Shiver and Big Man would've come along, but they're pretty pooped after that splatfest." You couldn't blame them. Those must be tiring.
You two continued your conversation, getting to know one another. "Y'know what?" Frye said, looking up. You perked your head towards her. "While we're at it, why don't I get your number? To make sure ya don't get lost, I am your guide after all... Also so I don't forget later." She nearly whispered the last part.
"Sure! No problem, just gimme a sec-" You rummaged through your bag, until you felt something move. "Ack! What the carp?!" You yelled throwing your bag onto the concrete of the train platform. Upon doing so, a small salmonid hopped out.
Frye gasped ",A small fry!" She exclaimed. "It must've wondered too far from its school. Poor thing."
"School?" You questioned.
"It's pretty much just a group of salmonid, kinda like a swarm of eels."
"Well, uh, what do I do with it now? I can't just go to a salmonid swim zone. It'd be way to dangerous." You inquired, trying to figure out what to do in this situation.
"Hm, well, I guess you've just got to take care of it now." Frye hummed in response. You, reluctantly put the lil' buddy back in your bag.
"Lil' Buddy... That'd be a good name." Frye motioned for you to follow her. You ran along, Lil' Buddy bouncing up and down in your bag. "What a way to be introduced to Splatsville."