▫️ P2-3 An Old Foe ▫️

Another A/N: Dnksnksmssksm, thanks so much for nearly 250 readsss :DDD I dunno what to say. I'm so glad you've been enjoying my little story. Anywho, anywho, without further ado, enjoy reading!

🤍 ~ -- •▫️

A light breeze flew by, picking up both sand and dust. Shielding your eyes you continued going down the crater. Hesitantly, you completed all the Kettles, The sun was getting low in the sky by now. Throughout all this though, you got to know this Cuttlefish guy pretty well. He came off as strange at first, but after hearing all his talk of these Octarians, you actually took into consideration the threat you may be under. Not only you in fact, but possibly the whole of Splatsville.
Something about these Octarians though, seemed off. Even Cuttlefish had noticed it. "Now I don't want to ruffle your tentacles any further than they've already been ruffled, but... Those fuzzy Octarians are freakin' me out. I think we oughta' consider callin' some backup." You hear him say through your headpiece. Right after this you heard what sounded like a radio on the other side. After some snapping and crackling of the radio you heard a voice respond, not that you actually knew who it was.
This voice had immediately picked up on Cuttlefish's voice, sounding slightly panicked as they did. "Agent 1, this is Agent 2. Gramps has wondered off again, over." Agent 2... That must've been who this was. You felt as if you've heard their voice before, but you couldn't quite pinpoint where... Just then a new, more high pitched voice, came over the radio. It said something about collecting Cuttlefish. This must've been agent 1.
The two agents agreed to come and get both you and Cuttlefish, confirming it with a simple: "Roger that. Stay fresh!" That Agent 2 sang. Then it snapped.
"That's Marie! I swear that's Marie." You thought to yourself as the radio call supposedly came to an end. Despite both the other Agents leaving, you heard another voice. It was deeper, garbled, and didn't quite carry over through the radio. "GYA... A HA... Cuttl... I foun... you!" With some more snapping and crackling, the radio was turned off. Cuttlefish chalked up the strange encounter to the radio being busted. You on the other hand didn't; you knew something was up with this guy. Not Cuttlefish, but the spooky guy that just spoke over the radio.
Picking up your Hero Shot and affixing it in your hands, you carried on. You tried not getting too paranoid over the whole encounter, as you continued through the Crater, patiently waiting for the other two agents to arrive.
Marching on with Li'l buddy in hand, you both slowly made your way through the goop that was littered about. After defeating what seemed to be the last Kettle, a large excess amount of the purple-ish goop came into view. Holding Li'l Buddy high, you searched for the origin point of the abnormal ink. When you found it, you threw Li'l Buddy with all your might. In a flash, he gobbled it all up, revealing a type of clearing at the base of the crater.
Appearing by your side was Cuttlefish. You had no idea how he had made his way down here so quickly with his old age. You shook your head, about to climb down. Before you could climb down though, Cuttlefish said something, panic lacing his voice. "Incoming! Something's headed this way, and FAST!" Quickly turning you head up, you saw the cause of the disturbance. It appeared to be... a robot?! The cephalopod piloting the machine flew through the sky, then slid all the way down the crater, finally landing on a ledge. "If only I could've made my way down here that quickly..." you thought with a hint of bitterness.
You shook the thought away and nestled your weapon tightly in your hands. Li'l Buddy was nestled in your bag. Cuttlefish, Li'l Buddy, and yourself stood overlooking where the robot stood, ready for one tough fight.