▫️ P2-1 The Disastrous Second Day ▫️

Small A/N: Eeee, sorry for how long it took to get this chapter published ._. I've been pretty busy lately with Halloween coming up. I may not have a Halloween special, but to compensate, have this chapter. I think it fits the role of "Halloween special" or kinda at least.

🤍 ~ -- •▫️

Peeling your eyes open, you finally wake up. You sat up, putting most of your weight onto your arms, which you were leaning on. Upon opening your eyes you half expected to see your room in Inkopolis. "Oh right," you thought ",Splatsville." You didn't actually know what to do in Splatsville now that you thought about it. "Hm..." You shrugged it off.
You slid out of bed, nearly knocking Li'l Buddy off. You flinched, then caught Li'l Buddy. This in turn, woke him up. He let out a garbled yawn then looked around. "What a goof-ball," you said, setting him down, and walking to the kitchen.
You went to one of the cabinets, luckily, there happened to be some cereal. You poured the cereal into one of the bowls Deep Cut gave you. The three of them figured you wouldn't want to use the cheap bowls, plates, and other utensils that came with the apartment. Humming one of their songs, Anarchy Rainbow, you ate the cereal. You were pretty relaxed until you felt Li'l Buddy nudging your leg. Then you remembered, what would he eat?

🤍 ~ -- •▫️

Pacing back and forth on the phone, you waited for Frye to pick up- and at long last, she did. "Y/N? I kinda, can't really chat right now-" She was cut off by what sounded like Shiver.
"Frye! Hurry up now, the Splatcast is about to begin!" Shiver half yelled.
"Eh?! Sorry Y/N, gotta go," She sounded more concerned than excited, considering the Anarchy Splatcast was about to begin. You were going to ask her what's up, if she hadn't already hung up on you. Sighing, you flopped down onto the couch and snatched up the TV remote, flipping through the channels until you found the Splatcast.
"Ay! (Breaking news! Hot off the press!)" You heard Big Man say.
"Oh, you got something Big Man? Let's hear it!" Shiver questioned. Though, her question was quickly answered by the image that was shown on screen.
"Uh, this was MY story to break. The Great Zapfish is gone!" Frye seemed to have shouted the statement. The three continued to elaborate on the situation, but you wern't paying much attention at all. It was as if you were stunned.
"W-what? The Zapfish?" You thought. Haphazardly, you quickly put you bag over your shoulder and picked up Li'l Buddy, holding him close to your chest. You were planning to head down to the square to meet with Deep Cut.

🤍 ~ -- •▫️

After leaving your apartment building, you headed toward Anarchy Avenue. The road was crowded with inklings and octolings alike, all trying to capture a picture of where the Zapfish once was. Managing to make your way through, you came to the stairs leading up to the battle tower. Unfortunately, the crowd here was even worse.
"Ugh! It's going to be impossible to make it to Deep Cut now!" You thought, before you were shoved to the side. "Ack! Li'l Buddy!" You exclaimed as he slipped out of your arms and into a nearby Manhole. In the heat of the moment you entered your squid/octopus form, determined to get Li'l Buddy back, and entered the manhole.