▫️ P2-2 An Agent ▫️

"Ugh..." You groaned, picking yourself up and observing your surroundings. "What the..?" You thought, questioning where you were. It appeared to be... a cave? No, no, a crater.
You blinked a couple times, struggling to comprehend your situation. You still had to find Li'l Buddy, avoid this- this strange goop everywhere, and then find a way out. Quite the daunting task indeed.
Once you had recollected your thoughts, you stood up, and roamed the unfamiliar area you had been thrown into. It wasn't much really; a rock here, some railing there. If it weren't for the strange, fuzzy, purple-ish, and also iridescent goop everywhere then the entire place would've looked quite bland.
After exploring for a few minutes, you came across what appeared to be a campsite of sorts. You tried getting closer, but heard a sound and backed away as an old squid appeared from behind the tent. You stood and stared at one another for a moment until the old squid spoke.
"Th-th-the oc-oct" He stuttered at first. "The Octarians are coming! AGAIIIIN!" Taken aback by the sudden statement- and scared this guy was a madman- you stayed silent. He continued on however, introducing himself "Anyhow, the names Cuttlefish! Senior Advisor to the New Squidbeak Splatoon, at your service!" Then he went on about "a look in your eye." After all this nonsense, he went on a rant about the Zapfish and it's disappearance. Followed by him blaming the Octarians.
"But they still made off with the Zapfish. And now we've got to get it back, right?" Cuttlefish emphasized on the we've. You nearly jumped at this. You've heard of all the other agents, and the terrifying stuff they've been through. Although you were concerned about the Zapfish, you didn't want to risk your life saving it. It took you a while to think it though, but after a long winded silence Cuttlefish just assumed you were in on this whole "mission."
"Course you are! Starting today you are Agent 3 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon!" Cuttlefish pointed towards you in a dignified manner. You sighed. There's no going back now. Cuttlefish then handed you a hero suit. Not wanting to come off as rude, you took it, and slipped it over you current clothes. To your surprise, it was actually quite comfortable. The boots felt extra cushion-y, the oversized jacket was cozy, and the headset fit perfectly on your pointed/rounded ears.
Just then as Cuttlefish was continuing his speech, Li'l Buddy interrupted him. You gasped scooping of Li'l Buddy in you hands and hugging him. At least he wasn't lost. "You've already got another agent there with ya, huh? Well, I'm fresh outta Hero Suits unfortunately..." Cuttlefish said in a surprised tone. "But it's a salty Li'l scamp ain't it? It'll do just fine." Smiling, you took Li'l buddy and fixated him into your spare space of your ink tank. "Now where was I? Oh right! Let's go get those octojerks! I'm counting on you bucko!" With that closing statement you held your weapon snugly in your hands and swiftly made your way to the first kettle.