Chapter 1

“Noooooooooo!!!!

Please don't beat me. I will never do it again. I will listen to you.”

I pleaded with my dad, but he was not listening and brought a belt near me. Suddenly I woke up with sweat on my face and looked at the watch. Shittt it's going to be late. 

I ran down fearing what my mom would say and I was greeted by a hard slap on my right cheek from my mom yelling “don't you have common sense to wake up early and do your chores. Now do cleaning and make breakfast”

“Sorry mom, last night I was having heada…” i was about to say something but mom cut me off “stop this nonsense, and how many times do i have to tell you to stop calling me mom, you are just a maid here. You work here and you will get food. I told you so many times to call me mam, just call me mom when i tell you in front of others if necessary. Now move your ass from here and do your work. If you don't finish your work, you are not allowed to go to college”. She moved from there and went to Nina's room. 

Nina is the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Williams.

Micheal william is the one who adopted me when my parents died in a car crash.

He and his wife, Julie are used to be nice when they adopted me when i was 9 but after six months they started torturing me like hell.

They used to be very nice to me when my parents were alive, also they once asked me to call mom and dad but now they are asking me to call mam and sir. 

How unfair life is to me.

Many will wonder why am I still staying here even though I am 20. 

As i said my parents died they are the ones who adopted me and they provide schooling without any complacent and even they are the ones who take care of my college fees now in reverse i have to do every chore in the house like a maid but they won't provide any penny for my personal expenses for that i took part time job in the cafe as a waitress. 

After doing all the cleaning, I prepared breakfast and rushed to college without eating it as I was already late to college. 

This is the final year and after this i want to do MBA, and to start my own business. Upto that time I will stay in that house, then I will move out. 

As I was late I missed my first class and went to second class and met my friend, my only friend and my best friend Daniel, who greeted me with a broad smile. 

I silently went to sit beside him.

Daniel and I have been friends since childhood. He knows my situation but not completely, he just knows that i was adopted but he doesnt know that they will torture me daily. 

I Don't want him to pity me. I know everyone who knows my situation pity me so I don't like to share it with others. 

Even my adopted parents force me not to tell anyone as they are portrayed as my precious parents.

I always used to tell Daniel that my parents are strict, not abusive. I know he believes it.

As you all think i and daniel are definitely not lovers, we are just friends as dont talk much as i talk with daniel everyone assumes we are but not.

All day there were classes. I am so exhausted but still I need to go to the cafe for work.

I went to the cafe and wore an apron and started my work. I was about to go near the customer who sat there but suddenly he stood up and started shouting on the phone. 

I flinched due to his broad masculine voice. He was shouting on the phone loudly saying that he will do anything to get some contract and he turned off the phone and sat down.

I don't know but I fear easily if someone shouts at me or just shouts at someone. I don't know the reason behind it but I am scared of others yelling. 

But now I need to stop behaving like a scary cat and I gained some courage and went near him, and asked “what would you like to order sir?” instead of the order name i received a confused glare from him then i realised i asked this question by literally shivering. 

Slowly I asked again, staring at him. “Bring me a black coffee,” he said with the same deep voice. 

I ran from there and prepared black coffee and went near his table only to find the money there but not him. Then I thought he went due to an emergency but he paid the bill as the order was given. 

After my shift is over it is nearly 9 O’clock. I went to the bus stop as it is late and there will be less buses at this hour. I waited for the bus and as soon as it came I went home.

But I don't know what shocking news is waiting for me at home.

Hello lovely readers, please do vote and comment