Venti x reader fluff

A little gift for @Robins_Child. I'm glad Venti joined your team! I'm saving up for the Childe rerun, since Cyno came home for me, and he dragged Candace along with him. Sorry it's so short, I've been struggling to write lately because school is Spain without the S. Anyways, enjoy!

The city of Mondstadt was peaceful after a long day of preparations for Ludi Harpastum were made. It was getting late in the afternoon, as the faded red and orange of sunset approached quickly. You'd been tasked with most of the heavy work, helping Noelle and Huffman with the lifting of heavy planks and items for stalls that would be set up for the celebration. By the end of the day, you were exhausted, and when you saw your boyfriend upon your arrival to Windrise, you practically collapsed onto him, your face hitting his lap as he strummed his lyre.

"Oh, good evening to you, too, my muse. Is everything alright?" he asked, still strumming those lovely soothing songs on his lyre. "Hmmphmmphhmph." you mumbled into his lap. "You know, it'd be a lot easier to hear you if you'd uncover your mouth, just a word of advice." he teased, laughing when you looked up at him with a slight frown. "As I was saying, I'm exhausted, can we just rest here for a little bit?" you asked, causing him to nod softly. His nimble fingers ran through your hair as easily as they did when they plucked the strings of his lyre. He massaged your scalp, carefully looking at you to see if he hurt you whilst he did so. You were one of the first good things to ever come into his life after so much had happened to him, and he was grateful that you were willing to see him for who he was. When he looked down to talk to you, Venti saw that you, as expected of someone so spent on energy all day, had fallen asleep, using his lap as a pillow of sorts while you rested. "Goodness, you were tired. Fear not, my dear muse, I shall make sure you sleep soundly." he said softly, looking up at the sunset as you slept soundly. Eventually, he watched as the sun's last rays sank over the horizon, and picked you up gently. You'd always joked about his strength, saying that it should be impossible for a bard that looked so fragile at times to be so strong, and how it was impossible for a normal person to carry so much when he helped you lift a boulder that was blocking a pathway. In a way, you were right, it wasn't expected of a normal person to be able to lift boulders, or create wind currents that even Anemo Vision holders had trouble creating. And that was because Venti, as you knew once the two of you had been dating for well over two years, was most certainly not a normal person. However, you were ok with that, and so was he, so long as you'd stay by his side.

Venti set you down under the covers of your bed and stood at your door, pondering whether to leave or stay. He looked outside and sighed, before closing the door and taking off his hat and shoes, undressing and changing into the pajamas you'd told him to leave here to change into, should he want to stay the night. He got in the bed with you and pulled you close, laying down next to you as he hummed softly to soothe you in your sleep. Eventually, whether from exhaustion himself, or from how peaceful things were, he allowed himself to close his eyes, and slipped off into a dreamless slumber beside you.